Does anyone have a name they love but the spouse hates?

I love Tobias (Toby) but my OH actually cringed and said noway when I mentioned it ha ha!

I just thought of the song by ultravox, Vienna is very pretty IMO

I wanted Elliot for a boy, I've always liked it but dh hates it and won't even entertain the idea as there was a boy at school who bullied him called Elliot :nope:

I didnt think of sausages at all! I thought of the city, and its a beautiful city.

I want Sienna but my hubby isnt a fan :( I still havent given up on it. He wants Tamara but with the aussie accent people will make fun of her with "see you tomorra!". Way worse than Sienna imo!

I used to love Scienna but I have a slight lisp with my s letters so I hated the way I said it! Maybe your hubby would like Vienna. It would be a good compromise. My hubby says he likes sienna so we will see lol. Omg yes with the Aussie accent tomorra would not work lol!

I like Elise but hubby doesn't. He likes Emily, which I like too. So Emily wins ha ha ;)

Elise would be a good middle if would be okay with that! We were actually considering Vienna Elise. Emma and Emily are really common names that start with an e around here. Both are beautiful!

I love Jeremy for a boy but hubby (and seemingly everyone else) hates it!

if we have a boy our whole family loves Jackson (jack) but my dh says he is worried he would get made fun of but i dont think so

I love Jeremy for a boy we contemplated it as its a song title by my favourite band pearl jam but the song context isn't great lol

I like Elise but hubby doesn't. He likes Emily, which I like too. So Emily wins ha ha ;)

Elise would be a good middle if would be okay with that! We were actually considering Vienna Elise. Emma and Emily are really common names that start with an e around here. Both are beautiful!

There was an Emily at my school who was two years older and that's the only one I know of. Hubby doesn't know any. We don't know anyone named Elise. It was between Emily Grace and Elise May (Grace is hubby's Granny's middle name and May is my Grandmother's middle name).

Think Emily Grace wins though! I really like it, which is good. But loved the idea of nicknames like Elle and Ellie for Elise. Sigh...oh well... :shrug:

I love the name stella. husband hates it, it reminds him off his old mean neighbor lady from his childhood. ughhhh it's the only girl name I love!

I love the name Deacon but DH hates it ☹

Omg i love toby too, its my first choice for a boy but my OH laughed & said it reminded him of someone ..hopefully i could get him to change his mind ;)

Ive always loved the name Phoebe, but my husband is dead set against it, dont know why :shrug:

I love Vienna! I wanted Artemis but OH wouldn't have any of it :(

I was still dropping it in on #3 though :haha:

Vienna is a very pretty name!

I love Isaac but DH doesn't like it, he is dead set against it even though I've loved it for both boys. He got deciding vote on Kaiden's name, I wasn't keen but wouldn't change it now so if we have a number 3 I'm going to press for Isaac with that reasoning!

I only think of the city. I think it's a beautiful name.

I love Jeremy for a boy we contemplated it as its a song title by my favourite band pearl jam but the song context isn't great lol

That's for sure. Good song though. And not a bad name.

I swear my baby is going to be nameless till birth or longer.

We have gone though so many "loved" names. But then when it comes to sticking with it one of us back peddles and it's back to square one.

We were at hunter.
Then I wanted Eli ( hubby doesn't like)
Then he wanted Charlie or Andre and I HATE THEM.
Then we agreed on Nate, but both don't like it now.
My daughter is set on Max from max and ruby.

Now we are considering Vincent or Flecture. ( but oh is like ok such and such named their kid Flecture. )
So what I know someone DH and I both dislike with a kid called Vincent but I still like the name.

I'm just curious. Do you mean Fletcher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->