Does anyone know about beta hcg-Im getting confused

Jaycrew

Reaction score
Hi- its been a while - hope all is well with everyone. Please help me on this- Im am looking to verify if beta hcg calculates on LMP or ovulation/conception?
My weeks are off. I just had a positive preg test- LMP 1/27/2016. I never thought I was pregnant but just took a test last night which by my range of my cyle I could've ovulation between 2/10 and 2/16. Anywho Beta is showing 506 as of today. Everything says 5 wks. U/S was done but with that low of a number you cant see anything anyway. by my lmp I should be 7 wks though?

If I look at is as DPO it would actually put me in my ovulation week which is also the week I know I would have conceived (not implanted). If I go by lmp it makes my numbers low for 7 wks lmp.

any clue? Can someone help me clarify? Thanks!!! :) :wacko:

All I know is the range for hcg is huge. I had mine done at 3w 6d and it was 141. It's supposed to double every 48 hours.

That might help...
It says that 500 is 4w 3d.

https://www.babymed.com/is-my-hcg-blood-level-normal

Thank you I appreciate your help on this!! and see your numbers you gave me match exactly to my ov and conception. just nervous i suppose- its really a waiting game at this point :) : /

Hi- its been a while - hope all is well with everyone. Please help me on this- Im am looking to verify if beta hcg calculates on LMP or ovulation/conception?
My weeks are off. I just had a positive preg test- LMP 1/27/2016. I never thought I was pregnant but just took a test last night which by my range of my cyle I could've ovulation between 2/10 and 2/16. Anywho Beta is showing 506 as of today. Everything says 5 wks. U/S was done but with that low of a number you cant see anything anyway. by my lmp I should be 7 wks though?

If I look at is as DPO it would actually put me in my ovulation week which is also the week I know I would have conceived (not implanted). If I go by lmp it makes my numbers low for 7 wks lmp.

any clue? Can someone help me clarify? Thanks!!! :) :wacko:

Please don't stress yourself about numbers starting off where some start at. As long as your numbers double every 2 days you and bean are fine. When I 1st found out I was pregnant with my miracle child they told me my hormones were to low and I was "probably" miscarrying. So I drove myself and my husband crazy by getting tested in the ER every 2 days only to sit here at this very moment holding my 11 month old son. Everyone's body is different and calculating the days will have you stressing. Relax and stay calm. My numbers started at 46 and I had a very health son I'm living proof that numbers are just numbers and as long as they're doubling you have nothing to worry about!

Your hcg numbers would be based off of when you conceived and implanted that's when your body starts to make hcg. You could have ovulated later than normal or implanted later than normal.

I want to mention that a starting number doesn't mean much! It's your doubling Tim that does! It should double about every 48 hours!

Could have ovulated late. That's happened to me with two pregnancies... I ovulated when I was supposed to be getting a period. Can't always go off LMP. Hope all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->