does anyone know if grief/stress can cause illness/sickness???

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
i think everything is getting on top of me with well everything losing casey, then what happened to harry on tueday and seeing him body yesterday i felt a little ill and destressed yesterday but was holding it together, got home and got myself and james to bed about 8-9pm i haven't been eating too well so went to sleep feeling little sick and sore, i woke up at abut 1-2am feling like i was going to be sick so i quickly grabbed my jumper and went to run out the bedroom door but before i could i started throwing up everywhere, great mess but anyways i had to drag myself back to bed where james was worried, i tried to drink some water but kept being sick, taken some antibiotics and paracetimol but not really helping, anytime i was waking up i was just bolking, still in bed feeling wayyy too drained to do anything and can't even keep water or that down, anything i put in my mouth etc just causes agony and sickness... so not been able to drink in about 15hours and before that wasn't drinking or eating much anyways, went i woke up at about 12-1pm this afternoon noticed i had sever joint pains and stiffness, almost unable to move, i called my MIL who suggested i wait it out and my mum who said it was stress...

current symptoms are:
*sickness
*nausea
*pains in upper abdomen
*dizziness
*high temp
*stiff & sore joins from neck down
*hard to move
*tirdness, stuggling to stay awake.

i have a small son almost 4yo and worried that something might happen and he'll not be able to do anything etc....

is it likely grief is causing this or should i be worried?

It is certainly possible that grief is the cause of your symptoms hun. I'd pay a visit to your doctor just to get things checked out though. :hugs:

thanks because i haven't eaten or drunk in almost 24hours i have been advised to go to A&E :(

grief could but it sounds like a stomach bug really and your prob dehrdated x

Hi hun,

I had a stomach bug which was just like that about a week or so ago. Hubby and Earl both had it too. Probably if you're run down and feeling bad already it's probably worse than normal. Try to look after yourself and I hope you feel better soon xx

wss go get it checked out by a doctor and make sure you keep yourself hydrated!!

thanks all ended up in A&E last night doctor said it wasn't grief or stress so that was ruled out they gave me injection and hydrated me which helped a little still feel sick but not actually being sick anymore, so got let home. they checked my urine and found some weird chemical thing in it so they don't know what that was all about and told me to get it rechecked in the morning.

Stress lowers your immune system, so it makes it easy to get sick....the cause, however, is still whatever bug/infection/etc you got so you need treatment.

thanks as stated above ended up in A&E and they found trace of a chemical in my urine that shouldn't be there.

Depression, grief, and stress can all have great effects on the body.
I think some of the symptoms you mentioned could possibly be due to stress/grief.

I know in times of high stress and grief I sometimes get dizzy spells or heart palpitations.

thanks for reply the found it wasn't stress grief etc it was unsusal chemical wise that was found they have no idea how it got into my system.

Im sorry to hear about your grief. Grief sure does manifest itself in so many ways. I would get checked out just in case though and maybe try to take things easy until your feeling better.

Sorry x

thanks ended up in A&E that night . thanks for reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->