Does anyone know if this is "normal"?

SeeJay

Stepmom of 2 and TTC #1
Reaction score
I normally have ovulatory pain, a strong but dull pulling pain on my right side every month. It hurts worse when I walk around and lasts about a day and then lets up. This month, my second go round with IUI, I had no pain. I had a definite fullness around ovulation time with bloating and all that. I was a little sore, but had no frank pain. I know this cycle was timed almost perfect: I had at least two mature follicles and used a trigger shot. Everything looked perfect. I used a trigger shot last month too and had pain then. Does anyone know if this is okay? Is there a chance that I didn't release those eggs???

I hope someone has an answer because October I had an IUI and had the same Ov pain that you are describing, this cycle I had to sit out due to having left over cyst on my ovaries from the follistim injections and this cycle I had no ov pain at all and I'm wondering the same thing.

I know I am over-analyzing the whole situation but....I have a friend that swears she knew she was pregnant all three times she got that way because she normally "feels" the egg pass, LOL, she is also a nurse and knows that she can't actually feel the egg. I asked her what she meant and she said that she normally has pain immediately following O and didn't those months. I have looked it up, and there is absolutely nothing out there on the subject. I'm in the middle of my 2WW and obsessing over everything. I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but I was wondering if anyone else had anything to say about it. I'm really more worried that I for some reason didn't release my eggs than anything.

I have a friend who swears she can feel when the egg releases. Now since I can't shrink down to a molecule and see this with my own eyes I'll take her word for it LMAO

I never felt any ovulation ANYTHING till I started to pay close attention to my body. Every month when I ovulate I feel almost period like symptoms down to cramps. Seejay I think you're just more aware of your body now. We're all obsessed in our own way. As soon as I am on my 2ww I obsess over every little thing, but the truth is that with all my previous pregnancies I didn't feel a thing (that's just me) until I was about 6 weeks along.

i only have ov pain when i ov from my right side, and have the same sort of pain that you are describing, i asked my consultant, and he said its because of all the other organs, your bowels, etc being on that side and when your ovary swells to release the egg then it pushes on other stuff! HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->