Does anyone know if...

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
the size (length) of a moses basket is the same as a standing baby bassinet?

My reasoning is that I have a moses basket and was going to buy a standing baby bassinet for our bedroom. However, I see there are moses basket stands and if I can use the moses basket instead of buying a normal baby bassinet, then why spend the money?

whats a bassinet? *dumb moment*

Pic of a bassinet:

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/lee380/180273739003_2_0_1.jpg

:winkwink:Dunno, sorry....sizes may vary from country to country. Maybe log on a baby website in your area that sells both and the dimensions should be on there:winkwink:

Pic of a bassinet:

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/lee380/180273739003_2_0_1.jpg

Okay, excuse my blonde moment but whats the difference between that and a moses basket? they look pretty much the same?

Hun i THINK they do come in all different sizes as some baby catalogues ive read sell mattresses for moses baskets and whatnot and there were 3 or 4 options for the size of the mattress. I would double check though!!

I intended on doubling my pram basket up as a moses basket but its waaay to big!!

I know that over here in Aussie, the moses baskets are alot smaller than a bassinette...we went and looked at some baby stuff last night (late night shopping) and we have decided that we arent going to get a moses basket as they are too expensive...where do you put them! On the floor...there is no stands for them...so we are going with a bassinette...

I know that over here in Aussie, the moses baskets are alot smaller than a bassinette...we went and looked at some baby stuff last night (late night shopping) and we have decided that we arent going to get a moses basket as they are too expensive...where do you put them! On the floor...there is no stands for them...so we are going with a bassinette...

Can't you buy stands for them in Australia? Theyre not very expensive here. I've never seen a bassinette in the stores, only moses baskets ;o

Can't you buy stands for them in Australia? Theyre not very expensive here. I've never seen a bassinette in the stores, only moses baskets ;o

I think the crib is the equivalent over here

I think the crib is the equivalent over here

OOOOOH! Well that explains a lot :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"