Does anyone not rely on opks?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Iv just get yet another negative opk but was wondering how they actually work?

So I no if u get two lines but one is lighter than control line then it's still negative?!?
Also does it mean u are due to ovulate?? The only time iv got 2 lines was on 12th march but one was lighter then af arrived on 24th!

This is so confusing!!

I am in the boat I never get a positive its so frustrating I am ready to give up on them.

yea the test as to be as dark as the control line you test twice a day and when get positive u ovulate after that so get bedding but try do before its trial and error i did not bed before but i got preg doing it 3 times cd18 twice positive opk and one after how longs your cycle and you last period

and the month before got af and this time i did it doggystyle all time think thats best way to get preg

I have tried digital and normal opks and never had a positive. I either missed it or don't ovulate. I have had blood tests done just waiting for the results. Eek

I think my cycle is 28 days and last af was on 24th march lasted 5 days! x

Iv just get yet another negative opk but was wondering how they actually work?

So I no if u get two lines but one is lighter than control line then it's still negative?!?
Also does it mean u are due to ovulate?? The only time iv got 2 lines was on 12th march but one was lighter then af arrived on 24th!

This is so confusing!!

I don't always use OPK's. I know when I've ovulated by keeping track of my BBT (basal body temperature) using Fertility Friend online. Yes, the test line needs to be as dark, or darker than the control line. Perhaps you've just had bad luck and are having an anovulatory cycle (up to two is generally considered normal in a year). A lighter line just means that you have some LH in your system, which is normal. The test line will be dark an estimated 12-36 hours before ovulation because of the LH surge. It means you should start to snuggle :)

I would recommend tracking your BBT to make sure that you are in fact ovulating. Best of luck!

Ok thanks gona order a thermometer now online! Can u explain cm to me? Iv got loooads of cm (tmi!) wher it's literally dribbling out (tmi again!) so I checked inside and it's like some bits thick but sticky? x

I know that lots of the girls on here insist you need an actual BB thermometer, but I don't agree. A good digital thermometer works fine. It's not the actual temperature that you're tracking-- because everyone is a little different: some people are naturally cooler, others warmer. For one person, post ovulation temps might be in the 97.8's, for another person anything in the 97.8 range is on the cooler side. When charting, you're looking for a pattern, and for shifts in your graph (three days of raised temps usually indicates that you have OV), not just for the temperature.

Wet, watery, and slightly stretchy CM means that OV is probably very close, so get busy ;) Very wet CM that stretches between your fingers for an inch or more, ("resembles raw egg white") is considered very fertile CM.

Hope that helps!

They confuse me too. I have tried them a few times and I never got a positive. I have 3 kids, so something must be working right. I just bd with ewcm.

Thanks so much that's helped a lot! Iv just orderd a digi thermometer online so hope to get tracking soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->