Does anyone swaddle?

tj wouldnt settle unless she was swaddled and i had to do it till i started using grow bags. so she was 7-8 months by then.
i am going to buy proper swaddling cloths from grobag for the next baby they do look good. x x x x

I used the miracle blanket from mothercare for my younger two, only wish i had known about it with my first, its superb especially for little wrigglers! :thumbup:

tj wouldnt settle unless she was swaddled and i had to do it till i started using grow bags. so she was 7-8 months by then.
i am going to buy proper swaddling cloths from grobag for the next baby they do look good. x x x x

I used the miracle blanket from mothercare for my younger two, only wish i had known about it with my first, its superb especially for little wrigglers! :thumbup:

They stopped selling the MB recently, they stock the kidapotttomous now. I got mine from a family member and eBay.

:O wonder why they stopped, i will have to find one online now for next baby, cant live without them ^^ thanks for letting me know :D

I love the kiddopotamus ones but haven't tried miracle baby.

oh thats not good then, well i just checked ebay and there are loads od grobag swadling cloths on there for under £4 inc p+p.
i will but one or two as soon as i get my bfp x x x x fingers crossed thats soon! x x x

Yes I swaddled! My daughter just turn five months and we swaddled from the day we brought her home! I also read the article about swaddling by this time my daughter would not sleep without her swaddle, she would wake up every hour or so from her startle reflex! About a week ago she decided she didn't want to be in it anymore (she could get herself out of it if she wanted too, like in the mornings) And we have had no problems since then, and she has slept through the night since we brought her home! My advice is if they prefer it do it, your LO will let you know when they have had enough of the swaddle! Oh and we have had no development problems, shes actually a little advance for her age :) I'm all for swaddling, best thing i ever did!

I told the midwife that I was swaddling George as he wouldn't settle now and she told me to avoid swaddling as the latest advice is that it may be a risk factorfor SIDS :(
She said it was because of overheating, so we bought a miracle swaddle from mothercare which is very thin and just used that and a vest for a couple of nights. When I mentioned it to another midwife who came out a couple of days later,she said it wasn't to do with overheating, it was to do with the fact that swaddling their arms tightly restricts chest mobility and may interfere with breating, so if you swaddle then don't swaddle the arms, which kind of defeats the whole point. I am now trying not to swaddle as the advice made me kind of paranoid, but if George really won't settle without it then I am still doing it. We have managed a couple of nights without now, so I am hoping he won't rely on it too much. Apparently this advice is very new, as friends of mine who had babies even 18 months ago were actually TOLD to swaddle :dohh:

We swaddle - now using woombie which allows movement within the bag and prevents overheating.

Ollie rolled on to his back at 12 weeks and 3 days old and the other way the next day so don't think his development has been impaired in the slightest.

He wouldn't sleep well at all without it - and sleep is extremely important in their development too....

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->