Does anyone want visitors after delivery?

I wasnt allowed visitors in the MW led hospital unless we went into reception area so only briefly saw MIL, her partner n OHs bro for 10 mins. But when we came home OHs sister had drove150 miles to comes see the baby with her hubby n the 2 kiddies, TBH i loved it! them all brooding over the baby and everyone running round makin me food n drinks n doin any tidyin up for me hehe. they only stayed max2 hours and then went home so i could sleep. Was lovely tho them actually that excited about the baby they wanted to see him straight away. i hope they do it again :)

It will be just me and Oh when Im in labour, My mum and MIL can come in when im in the later stages and watch the birth.. then they can have a quick cuddle (after me and my OH) take a couple of pics and then go home and leave us to it!

Other family members and friends can come and see him when we are home and settled (give us a day or so) but I dont want them staying too long... maybe half an hour, take some photos and go :)

xx best of both worlds

I am allowing a short visit at the hospital and requesting 2 weeks of just DH, Nolan and I so we can bond and I can establish BFing. With constant visitors at the hospital and home, it hindered BFing my DS (along with other complications.) Also, DH's family aren't the family that will come help out or just come for a short visit... they stay for hours and expect us to cater to them- new baby or not. :dohh:

In the delivery room i want my hubby and my mum.
I'd be more than happy to have inlaws and people come visit i cant wait to share my bundle of joy :)

No! I don't want a ton of people in the hospital and I don't want my family there for delivery. Just me and my husband please. I'm thinking of doing a family get together the Saturday after she is born so that the whole family can have a day of doting on her and make it into a bbq or something like that. I just want it to be time with me and my husband for the first week and I don't want to worry about juggling visitors while trying to take care of a day old baby.

I would love for everyone to come see little man after birth, maybe not right after he comes out lol but pretty shortly. I would have carried him for 9 months and im so ready to show to the world, mine and my husbands amazing creation. Plus, I think my family would be fuming if I didn't allow them ha ha
My mom will be in the labor room with me and my husband.

with my 1st child had mine an oh parents come to the hospital thats ok but then i got home and every1 was there that was way to much really did my head in as ive a 2 yr old this time round and i want it to just be me oh and my son i want us all to bond with our new arrival not having the house full.

With ds2 I had him at home, i invited EVERYONE round the next day, got rid of em all in one go and never went through a week of the door bell ringing non stop!

xxx

Provided the birth happens near due date (4/4) and without issues, I wouldn't mind a few visitors while in the hospital, but I know that I'll see most of the family at Easter. In terms of labor and delivery, I only want my DH with me. But I'm close to my & DH's families and would love our siblings and parents to come see the new addition early on. I'm also close to my cousins, and if they're willing to travel to see us, I wouldn't turn them away. :)

So, I've been reading all the nightmare threads about overbearing family wanting the delivery experience to be about them and totally ignore what the new mom wants, and that's perfectly fine to deny the drama for a bit to bond. But, does anyone want family there after you've recovered a bit and bonded with baby (as in a few hours after birth if no complications)? I don't have really overbearing family and I really like my inlaws so I don't think I'd mind having SHORT visits where they can see the new addition. I'm thinking a few at a time and about 20 min each as I'm sure I'll be exhausted and will want more time myself to bond.

Anyone else not mind having family over a few hours after delivery?

My mum is going to stay with me throughout the whole delivery , my husband will be there too but i reckon he won't be able to handle the whole delivery the pain etc i am in. Although he said he is not missing a moment of it, i'd like to have my mum there to soothe me , mums are the bestest :hugs: mums don't pass out or need to faint LOL :)

I have told my dad i expect him to be outside waiting, my dad is sheer calmness and as i am an only child i feel 100% calm and soothed when my parents and husband are around.

I would just like to know my extended family i.e my cousins and my in-laws family would be waiting/ attempting to get into hospital just makes you feel abit more special, however i don't care aslong as my parents and husband are there!!!

in a perfect world my whole family (parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts etc) would be at the hosiptal. But unfortunately we live in Texas and my parents and siblings are in Georgia and the rest of my family is in Philly so I doubt anyone will be there for the birth.

But the moment my mom and dad come into town I want them to stay for as long as they absolutely can and I want my brothers and sister to fly in as soon as possible. I'm very close to my family and since this is the first grandchild/niece I want everyone there.

DH honestly thought my parents would be here for the birth and when I told him probably not since it's not a c/s or induction planned he started to freak out. He's trying to grasp having to be my birth coach WITHOUT my mom :) so we will see.

We are trying to move back to GA before the birth so my family will be closer. DH's family is the opposite. Not close at all so I doubt any of them will be around.

I am going to have a ton of people there while I have this baby. All women though. My mom, best friend, sister in law, and my 4 kids if they aren't sick and the hospital allows them to be there. I have told everyone that I will be holding my baby for the first 30 mins to a hour because I want time to bond with her. If I choose to allow other to hold her before that then I will but if one person tries to force me to hand her over before then they will be asked to leave. Oh yeah my OH may be allowed in..lol As for after I get home I kind of hope that people just stay away because it will still be RSV & FLU season and I don't want to risk my baby getting sick. I have put it out that I will post photos of facebook and to please respect my wishes for the first 6 weeks. I hope that's not mean of me.

I know this sounds horrible but I only want my hubby, sons, dad & sisters there after my section and none of my DH family - does this sound out of order??

I know this sounds horrible but I only want my hubby, sons, dad & sisters there after my section and none of my DH family - does this sound out of order??

I just want DH and my parents. I don't care for DHs family and we live next door to them so I know damn well they will be up in our business as soon as we get home. I'm going to be locking the door and making a sign for the door that the baby is sleeping and DO NOT disturb so no one can bother us. DH will be taking 2 weeks off after the baby is born. If people want to come over after a week or so of being home, MAYBE. This is our child, and I don't want other people handling him/her.

If I have a c section I dont know when I will want people to visit. If not or if the section goes well then maybe a few hours afterwards. I am not even going to tell anyone the date or announce the birth until I'm ready for visits. Last time the birth was announced via txt right afterwards by my friend who was there (at my request) and next thing people were trying to visit and I hadn't even left the delivery suite yet, still sitting in my own blood all manky and unshowered and people were coming in to get photos of me and the baby with them. It was awful! No way that is happening again! uggh! What goes through these peoples heads to honestly think a visit when you've barely even spat out your placenta is okay?!

I am going to send out a mass txt after the birth and request people phone or txt before visiting and to not come over unless they get a reply, that way we dont have unannounced visitors. Two babies is going to be rough let alone having a knock at the door every 5 seconds.
I am also going to put a sign on my front door. I feel bad doing it and am okay with people visiting but I'm never going to get any rest and with one baby its hard enough let alone two, cant even imagine what those first few weeks will be like!!
And there wont be any exceptions to this either so its fair, goes for everyone my family, OH's family, friends etc. probably limit visits to half an hour to a couple of hours depending on who it is too.

All of our family lives pretty far away, so it'll be a few hr drive for people. I really dont mind visitors whenever. However, I truly cant stand my FIL. I know my husband wishes I would be better about that, so I dont want to say, "everyone can come visit as soon as they want but your dad. He is annoying and I dont like him one bit" I am trying to figure out what I can do about it. I cried when I found out he was on his way to visit (no invitation, just started driving up) when I had my daughter. I am probably just being dramatic, but I havent figured out what to do yet.

I'll probably have my parents at the center during the birth (but not in the room). OH will be in the room. I may invite a few friends to visit after that.

with the kids i already have family came to visit when i was in labor not pushin baby out but there.... what ever family members want to be ther this time is more then welcome ... I want to share my lil man with all our family... :) but I respect people who doesnt feel the same way i do as we r not all the same... :)

Last time my mum was with me and DH when I gave birth, she announced on Facebook and there was about 15 people waiting outside for hours because I had to go to theatre, it was awful, I saw my LO for 5 minutes before going to theatre for 3 and a half hours to get stitched up, when I got back to him I had a million people there passing him around and I really feel like it affected my bonding with him!!

I can't wait this time, it's just going to be me and DH and we arnt going to tell anyone the babies born for a few hours, let me have a chance to nap, clean up, eat and have that time to bond with the baby before everyone starts barging in! Last time I did everything to please everyone else and just went along with it but this time I'm just going to say no and do it my way, people can whinge as much as they want!

Yes of course.
In the hospital I'm giving birth at, they let you spend an hour alone with your baby right after birth. So you can bond with your baby and just have some alone time the three of us.
But yeah, afterwards, I would definitely want our parents there and our siblings.
Friends can visit the following days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->