does baby's heartbeat drop near the end?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by craftymum, Aug 25, 2009.

1. craftymum

craftymum Mum to Jacob and Jenna

At all my checks baby's heartbeat has been in the 150's with last 2 at 156 but this time it was 144 but Doc seemed happy enough with that but is that not quite a big drop?

2. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

Yes hun apparently towards the end of your pregnancy the babies heart rate slows down, I remember this with josh :)

3. baby.love

baby.love Guest

Freya's HB ranges from high 130's to low 150's hun and its totally normal :hugs: If your Dr is happy i wouldnt worry as i think they like to see a range to it x

4. tracie107

tracie107 My darling boys

Yes my 1st son had a heartbeat of 144 all the way through. Now my 2nd has been 156-134 (134 the other week) and doctors have said everything is going well.

5. craftymum

craftymum Mum to Jacob and Jenna

oh that's good to know. I swear I think the advice I get on here is better than anything my GP has given me throughout. She told me baby's head is engaging too

6. claire23

claire23 Well-Known Member

It's better if there is a range to the LO's heartbeat, so 144-156 is healthy. In the notes usually there is a range written as well. xx

7. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

Mine dropped early own. I find it interesting as I asked my OB (I know this is O/T, sorry) if his heart rate will drop after birth and she said no that his heart rate will drop as he gets older. Sorry, I just found that interesting.