Does clomid help those who already regularly ovulate?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
For those who have used clomid to help with TTC, how does it help? Is it useful for women who already ovulate regularly every month?

My gyno says that if after 9 months of trying (post-MC) I still haven't fallen pregnant, she would probably consider clomid for me. I was just wondering what that would do for someone whose periods/ovulation is very regular.

Any ladies with experience, I'd love to hear what you have to say about this!

I have heard it said that it can be used to improve egg quality

Yes and no.

Yes it can help to produce more eggs and therefore have a better likelihood of at least one being fertilised. Although, I don't ovulate on my own, I took Clomid and my second cycle I produced 2 eggs and neither of them took. The next cycle I produced 1 and I'm pregnant with 1 baby.

No, because Clomid has other side effects. It can dry your CM out which makes it difficult for the swimmers to make it to an egg. It can also thin your lining which makes it more difficult to implant.

Clomid (or Femara) is generally the first step for those with unexplained infertility but the likelihood of it it working is not on par with those who have annovulatory cycles. Under the guidance of a doctor, doing a few rounds of Clomid probably isn't going to do any harm, but I don't think you can expect the same likelihood of success as someone with PCOS. In the LTTTC there's a Clomid buddies thread and there are a few women with unexplained infertility who are using or have used Clomid if you want to hear more about their experiences.

Good luck :)

Hi Chocolatechip, I am on Clomid because I don't ovulate, but like Sarah said, there are a few ladies on the this thread who do ovulate on their own and also take Clomid. :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...432269-clomid-buddies-moved-ttc-board-44.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->