does everyone get a letter back after triple test regardless of results?

flowertot

mummy of 2
Reaction score
its just because i'm 19 weeks now and havn't heard anything and i've seen posts where people say they have had letters stating they are very low risk and others who have had letters saying they are high risk.

is it standard to get a letter?

the result won't change anything for me i just want to know what bracket i'm in.

thank girls x

if it helps my letter went to my midwife and i only got a letter stating that she had my results...?

so ul mibi get it next time you go to see yours? no?

xxxx

do you mean the downs testing? I had my tests at 13+4, and recieved the results by post when i was 14 weeks exactly. I think as you havnt heard anything you can assume it is good news as they usually come back to you asap if something is wrong. Might be worth giving hospital a call to chase up though? xxx

With my 1st pregnancy i was never told anything about the results at all , Until i asked & the midwife just said " oh they're fine " , This pregnancy i refused to take the test.

I was told that if the results were high risk I'd get a phonecall within a week as they like to do the amniocentisis straight away.

They said if I was low risk I'd get a letter but it could be a couple of months before I received it. I actually got the letter about 3 weeks after the test but I'd say as you haven't heard anything then you have got the all clear.

Like someone else suggested, its worth checking with the hospital but I wouldn't worry if I was you...looks like you're little one is just perfect :) xx

Depends on your council - I got a letter and it seems like most people get a letter, but I have read posts from others who said that they were told they would only be contacted if there is a potential problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->