Does everyone have a home visit?

spencerbear

Mum to 2 girls and 3 boys
Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone having a homebirth, got a home visit first?

Only after being told i would get 1, ive now been told to go to see her at clinic. Then they have put my appointment back till 37+3....

Im not sure what i need to get or do etc

Ask her what's happening! If she said she would see you at home, but has then asked you to come into the clinic, then I'd ask when my home visit will be.
My midwife has said my last few appointments will be at my home.

Grr similar has happened to me; I was meant to have my 34 week appointment and expected since I couldn't attend my MW would be able to see me but nope; and she is only working limited hours the next couple of weeks also (she only comes up to this end one day a week anyway) absolutely no offer of seeing another MW or anything. I have no idea what is happening now; couldn't even make another appointment, and I was meant to be discussing the whole homebirth thing at this appointment this week

I didnt get a home visit before my home birth :)

That makes me feel a bit better.... is there anything i need to get in ready??

yeah i do. Have got a plastic sheet for the bed, just in case, but is there anything else

Well you can get as much or as little as you like! The list on https://www.homebirth.org.uk/ give some great ideas of the kinds of things you might like to think about having :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->