Does everyone use a highchair?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Iv just been wondering...my bubs has 4 weeks left till he turns 6months old :happydance:...then he will be having his 1st foods..

Does everone use a highchair?? If not what do you do?

x

i use ours now and again not very often though lol

obviously Ally isn't at this stage yet but I think when they first try food they should be in something familiar and secure. We did try Ally on baby rice (which he loved but we decided to hold off on for a bit longer) and we fed him in his car seat which he goes to sleep in it. My Mum gave all of us our first tastes sitting on my Dad's knee. I wouldn't worry about the highchair but you could have a go! Guess you'll need one eventually.

I have used mine however with an open space living and dining I'm considering a boostar seat at the table because its had very little use for a start we don't use our table and should :blush: and Caitlin has her snacks on her walker table as you can lift the wheels up/take the toy tray off.

Do you use your dining table for meals?

I'd say walkers are handy for snacks but consider which would be more useful a high chair or a boostar which is technically a high chair but smaller and attach it to the dining chair.

We used a highchair for a little while but Dec never really liked it so he has been in his booster seat for a lot of months now, we keep it on a chair at the table, and he will eat his meals with us. He just eats snacks while he is running around, I dont feel he has to be at the table to eat a snack.

We will use a high chair as we eat at the table a lot. She's getting one for christmas :-D

We used a highchair for a little while but Dec never really liked it so he has been in his booster seat for a lot of months now, we keep it on a chair at the table, and he will eat his meals with us. He just eats snacks while he is running around, I dont feel he has to be at the table to eat a snack.

I assume this was once he was walking?

How old was he when he started walking if you don't mind me asking? :D

I used to use the baby bouncer/car seat or buggy while babys were still quite small.

Once they were that little bit more stable sat in the high chair (about 7 months) then I used that for mealtimes as it's a bit like a little routine I suppose. Sit baby in high chair and they know to expect food:happydance:. On occasions I sit Toby in his high chair while I'm tidying the kitchen etc so as he associates it with food I always give him some raisins, dry cheerios or toast to much on while watching me....and the washing machine:rofl: (he prefers this to tv:dohh:)

we will be using a highchair when maddi's eating, we we'll also use her swing, as it has a feeding table and her bumbo with tray x x x

We usually eat at the table...but its not a major must...i was thinking of getting a booster seat...or use the bumbo at first with the tray...

I wasn't sure if a high chair was a must...just the way some mums have asked me if iv got one ready and i was worried if i said no it ould sound weird xx

Jack has his bottle in my arms but i put him in his highchair for all foods like jars etc

We use a highchair because I think its nice to sit down together at the dinner table. I want him to get used to doing that :)

xxx

Initially we used the bumbo but now we have got Hannah a highchair.

We use the bumbo for feeding, heh, he licks it clean!

https://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/Starflyr/belly%20pics/Brayden/021-1.jpg

Yes i have one, and Ella knows now whats coming when we put her in it :)

we dont have a dining table at the moment so rhys sits in a little chair at the coffee table. will be using a 'low' high chair for ffion when the time comes

we also don't have a dining table atm, and I have her on my lap whilst I feed her. I also put fingerfoods around for her, e.g. on the tv table and the living room table, which she picks up when she wants a snack.

I use mine every day since ive had it , max used to eat him car seat but when he started pulling himself upwards I got him a high chair and I love it

We don't have high chairs just two booster seats. It saved us loads of money and they've been brilliant. We can sit together at the dining table or on the stools up the breakfast bar. Plus we can take them with us when we go out to friends or to our parents. They've been worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->