does having an hsg help you get pregnant?

kirstenmarch

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

My hubby and I have an almost 17 month old and have been trying for baby number two for about 5-6 months now. I had an hsg done and an ultra sound as well as an internal ultra sound done. The hsg came back great no scarring or blockage at all. I meet with my doctor this Tuesday to discuss all of my bloodwork and ultra sound information together. The ultra sound tech said it looked like I had small follicles on my ovaries but nothing alarming what could that mean?

Kirsten

Hey ladies,

My hubby and I have an almost 17 month old and have been trying for baby number two for about 5-6 months now. I had an hsg done and an ultra sound as well as an internal ultra sound done. The hsg came back great no scarring or blockage at all. I meet with my doctor this Tuesday to discuss all of my bloodwork and ultra sound information together. The ultra sound tech said it looked like I had small follicles on my ovaries but nothing alarming what could that mean?

Kirsten

Hi---
I've read that it helps for some. The HSG pushes out any "gunk" that may be in there, even if no blockage is noted during the HSG. Some women have their HSG scheduled right before ovulation in hopes it will help with that BFP. Not sure about the small follicles though...
Good luck and best wishes!!!:thumbup:

Honestly, I'm surprised that they did an HSG after only 5-6 months of ttc.
I won't say that you shouldn't be disappointed after 5-6 months, but I wouldn't be concerned. I'm ttc #4 and only once have I ever conceived prior to 7 months.

Good luck.

I had a HSG done this cycle and AF got me today :( on to cycle 15.

Hey ladies,

Kirsten

I just had an HSG test done last month. My doctor said it had to be done in the beginning of the cycle, right after the period was over with. I had it done and found out I wasn't getting pregnant because both tubes were closed. The dye from the test did push open the left tube but the right tube I was told is probably scarred shut. I have had a couple large cysts on the right ovary and my doctor said that could have caused it to scar. But, the good news I was given is that now I have a chance to get a BFP even with only 1 open tube. I was also told that they don't know why people get mucus blockages in their tubes and they don't know how to prevent them so that was a bummer. Now I just have to pray that it works for us. I had the test in July and wasn't allowed to take Clomid that cycle and got a BFN but I'm on a new cycle with Clomid so wish me luck!

Hello HSG survivors!
Can you please help? I have left my first ever gynaecology appointment more infused than when I went in. In summary I've been asked to ring up to book in a HSG after my next period. I then have an appointment with the consultant to go over results later that month. I then have an ultra sound vaginal exam thing booked for two days after this. What a stupid way around that is! I rang up and tried to get the consultant appointment after both procedures but was told that if I cancel that appointment they can't get me another one for a month and a half after - so I'd be waiting that long to find out what's wrong with me!! Great Not sure what to do now. Has anyone heard of success stories After HSG or got any first hand experience of these things taking so flipping long to get investigated? Has anybody gone private because of this and if so how much does it cost a d is it any quicker? I am slowly losing the will
Thank you for any help you can give me

they say you fertility increases the 3 months following hsg. I had mine done beginning of june, still waiting for bfp. this is 3rd cycle after, had no blockages, AF due yesterday, i will test tomorrow but i think shes just late. best of luck to you thoough, hope it helps

I have done HSG today and hopefully we'll be lucky this month!
On Monday we'll try IUI.

I had an HSG June 2009, we conceived end of September 2009 with our DD.

I may actually go for another one to see if it helps with TTC#2

Good luck:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"