Does it ever get easier??

lau86

Reaction score
Idk the broodiness/ longing is just not getting any better. I suspect it doesn't help that this time last year I was starting to prepare for my youngests arrival. I feel a bit lost. I have to go back to work soon and just will miss them all so much.

Really, you still feel broody after your third and still so little? I can't answer your question as I feel the same! Hopefully someone will come along and help :)

It's so hard going back to work after mat leave, time will help I think and you may get to enjoy the time away. Are you full or part time?

I hope so! I'm not having any more but I wish I was! I think about being pregnant all the time, it's especially bad at the mo because like you I'm preparing for my youngests 1st birthday (this Friday!) and I keep thinking "this time last year I was having contractions and wondering whether it was time" and "this time last year it was my due date!" I'm hoping that it will get better as she gets older and I get further out of the baby stage I'll want another less because I won't want to go back to sleepless nights and I'll have free time which I'll want to preserve. There's no way DH would agree to a 4th though so I've got to accept it.
Are you definitely set at 3?

I feel the same isn't helped by a close friend being pregnant and I am just so jealous even though I know I am done at 2 I am just super broody - even contemplating giving up being an accountant and becoming a midwife :wacko:

I love babies :cloud9:

I've also thought about retraining as a midwife but it seems like such a hard job and I don't know how I would afford it now

I've had my tubes tied, I know logically that I don't want more, and I've only JUST had a baby a few months ago. But must be my hormones - I'm so broody! I feel jealous when I see babies smaller than mine.

Im having my 3rd anyday now and itl be my 3rd in 3.4 years.

We are done, we are going to be making it permanant. Im really quite sure at some point il be broody again, i think some woman just seem to get more broody than others.
ANYWAY regardless of if i do end up wanting more we wont be having more. My plan is to look forward to things i can do when there older - longer haul holidays, things that taking a baby/toddler along will make it hard. I also plan to go back to what i trained in - nursing and id like to wait until there all at school, if i had another id then have to wait alot longer.
Soo... no i dont really think it goes away :( i think its part of us, some more than others.
Maybe finding different hobbies and other things you enjoy will help, it is scary to know that the pregancy/baby stage will be over forever but try and think of other stages you will get. Or maybe you arent really finished yet.

Ive already planned my 5th lol I must be mad and I probably wont have a 5th. I think woman of child bearing age always broody xx I must admit having older ones makes me see how it can be easier but I wish they would stay lil. I have 2 preteens and I am dreading the teenage years which puts me off more. They are SO SO hard work.

I've 4 kids and honestly I'm broody all the time lol I don't know why but I loved being pregnant and long to be pregnant again I also think back to my due dates and miss that feeling so much I guess some of us are just more broody than others I know this is if no help but your not alone x

Funny this should pop up again as things are starting to get easier! My oldest is in school now and I love doing his reading with him and seeing how quickly he's progressing. I just realised that I want to be able to do that with them all and we are already out numbered. My youngest is real little girl now and tbh as she's growing up and the baby stage is behind us it gets easier to forget. I'm also looking forward to holidays. I feel a bit sad at times and would probably have another in a few years if hubby agreed but for now I'm really happy

Someone knock some sense into me, because I am finding myself thinking about a fifth all of a sudden. That's right, a FIFTH baby. What?! I was 90% certain I was done a month ago, but now...not so much! :dohh:

My youngest turned one last Friday and ever since I am just feeling sad I won't be having more babies I know in my head I am done and I love my LO so so much but my heart aches :(

It isn't easy is it? If we were rich I never would have had my tubes tied and I would have loved a few more babies.

It doesn't help that Emma is like the worlds easiest baby. Predictable naps, sleeps 12+ hours a night with one brief feed at 1am, she's cheerful and giggly and easily portable (doesn't mind going out a lot, sleeps wherever, doesn't need swaddling rocking or a pacifier). She makes having a baby seem so natural and easy! I know it's not the norm to have such an easy baby though.

I could have written this post. My youngest is 5 months and I'm so so wanting a 5th baby. It's on my mind all the time...I feel crazy!

It isn't easy is it? If we were rich I never would have had my tubes tied and I would have loved a few more babies.

It doesn't help that Emma is like the worlds easiest baby. Predictable naps, sleeps 12+ hours a night with one brief feed at 1am, she's cheerful and giggly and easily portable (doesn't mind going out a lot, sleeps wherever, doesn't need swaddling rocking or a pacifier). She makes having a baby seem so natural and easy! I know it's not the norm to have such an easy baby though.

Awwww so cute, my 2yr old was an 'easy' baby. So I had another when she 22months (took a while to catch that egg). My 6 month old is on the other end of the spectrum an although I'd like another I have no idea how or when. Im running out of time too.

Oops sorry, didn't mean to hijack post but I've heard that you can regret not having another but never regret having one. I think it's true.

I long for a third and I am way too old. :(

:hugs: ladies. I'm struggling with this AGAIN!! Good god will it ever go away.

I am still having a hard time with being done! It's been almost 14 months since my dh got a vasectomy and I still cry some times. It doesn't help that my youngest nephew was due in Late April and I was due at the beginning. Also, having a grandson born in 2016 as well. I miss having a little baby to cuddle all the time and know that baby came from me. I'm in college and I had to leave an area because I couldn't handle being in the same room as a baby because it reminded me of what I will never have again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->