Does it ever get easier??

:hugs:

I still am torn with this it isn't helped by my close friend being 30 weeks pregnant and not enjoying being pregnant or excited about being pregnant yet I long to feel baby kick and snuggle a newborn (my newborn) but that will never happen again :sad:

:hugs:

I still am torn with this it isn't helped by my close friend being 30 weeks pregnant and not enjoying being pregnant or excited about being pregnant yet I long to feel baby kick and snuggle a newborn (my newborn) but that will never happen again :sad:

:hugs: I know the feeling! When we found out my husband's brother and his wife were expecting. When I finally did see them. I said, "I here congrats are in order." Her reply was, "If you want to put it that way. I didn't and don't want to be pregnant." It was such a cruel joke on me to have been due weeks before her and her not even wanting the baby. They don't even take care of their kids. They either have them in day care or my in laws take care of them. I stayed home to take care of my kids.

Another one here struggling too. I think about having a 3rd constantly and it makes me feel so guilty... I should be enjoying the 2 I've got and making the most if them being so young. I haven't even spoken properly to DH about it because I'm sure he'll say no and I'm not ready to hear or accept that yet. We need to move house first anyway but I'm 35 in April and feel like time is slowly running out for me.
I've got a neice due anytime and a neice or nephew due in May. I'm very happy for them but so jealous at the same time!

My DH and I just had a discussion and looks like we will now be complete too (not my choice at all). We have 4 LO's and it's kind of what needs to happen as we are having a hard time giving them all the attention they need. I love my kids and am so greatful for them but I am SO SAD, like tears streaming down my face sad that this is it for us. I love being pregnant and I love newborns and I'm so so sad that chapter in my life has come to an end.
I don't know what/how accepting this will get easier, I'm having such a tough time with this.

Am I glad I've found you ladies :) !! I drive myself crazy !! My LO is coming up to her first b day and my son has just turned 3 . I really really really want another . Iday dream all the time about it :) I'm so green with jealousy when people tell me they are pg ! I loved EVERYHTING about it and the babies ..... Oooh the babies :)

No real hope of it happening again, I'm too old and oh say " the shop is closed " lol....
Ah well , ill just have to day dream and hope for a miricle ;) not giving up till menapause
!!!

Sometimes I just think I couldn't handle any more. I definitely couldn't at the moment. But I would love to have another one in a few years time. My husband doesn't want to do I'm just hoping as mine grow up I will move away from all the baby stuff

Sometimes I just think I couldn't handle any more. I definitely couldn't at the moment. But I would love to have another one in a few years time. My husband doesn't want to do I'm just hoping as mine grow up I will move away from all the baby stuff

I'm in the same boat. Couldn't handle more right now but in a year or 2 would love one more although DH is not wanting more.

I would also love another in a few years; heck I'd love another now but having another in a few years when my other 3 are all at school would be awesome so that I could immerse myself in the baby stage more during the day. But DH is adamant that he doesn't want any more and won't in the future, and I'm coming to terms with that better than I thought I would; some dreams are just meant to be dreams.

The final is such a weird feeling. I've really battled this recently again ... I'd love another but so many reasons say no: for selfish reasons, practical reasons, financial reasons, for the girls I have now and the ages they are (how it would effect them etc), my age, my age in x many years ... the lists goes on and has grew with the years and they definitely sway in the direction of yer ok it would be lovely but no (haha) yet that no makes me GULP. I think the gulp is natural for most women. x

The final is such a weird feeling. I've really battled this recently again ... I'd love another but so many reasons say no: for selfish reasons, practical reasons, financial reasons, for the girls I have now and the ages they are (how it would effect them etc), my age, my age in x many years ... the lists goes on and has grew with the years and they definitely sway in the direction of yer ok it would be lovely but no (haha) yet that no makes me GULP. I think the gulp is natural for most women. x

The final one really is tough. I'm hoping mb DH one day might change his mind but like you there are more reasons not to have another then there are reasons to just go for it.
Doesn't help that everyone I know basically is just STARTING to have kids (I started having kids alot younger than most of my peers). Also doesn't help that our neighbourhood friend just had her 5th baby a month ago and is already planning her 6th (all her kids are 12-18 months apart, it definitely makes me feel jealous).

At the moment it's not easy...hoping one day I will be content with not wanting another.

Just thought I would pop in here.. I also struggle with the fact we are done.. I have 4 ranging from nearly 14 months to 10 and honestly think another may send me crazy.. as it is I have no time, constantly cleaning and sorting children out. The idea of never seeing that positive test or scans or waiting to meet your new baby makes me soooo sad :( I suppose it all has to end at some point though I think however many I had I would still have to fight this feeling.. it's tough! X

I'm miserable because of it !!! I really want another and feel a bit cheated as I started late :( not by choice ... Kissed alot of frogs before I found my prince ;) I had my first at 41 and second at 43 ... Now 44 .. I know how blessed and lucky I have been but it doesn't take the ache away !!! I think my biological clock only start ticking at 40 !!! Domestic help I've had two amazing pregnancies and still have very regular cycles ..... Temptation is there .... But Im too old ... I think lol....... Don't think this will go away till I'm actually unable to have any more

If I were 44 Id try my dangdest to have another. But I am 47 in a week or so :cry:

Just thought I would pop in here.. I also struggle with the fact we are done.. I have 4 ranging from nearly 14 months to 10 and honestly think another may send me crazy.. as it is I have no time, constantly cleaning and sorting children out. The idea of never seeing that positive test or scans or waiting to meet your new baby makes me soooo sad :( I suppose it all has to end at some point though I think however many I had I would still have to fight this feeling.. it's tough! X

I feel this way too...never seeing those 2 lines again or having that exciting anticipation of a new baby arriving soon makes me feel so sad.
Also the fact that I'm 29 makes me feel that another baby is logical in a biological kind of way. I feel so blessed to have the 4 that I already have but I just can't help yearning for another....ah well.

At 29 you could still have another years down the line that's what I used to tell myself after 2 & 3 when I said I was done!😉 I'm 36 now so feel I need to stop telling myself that really! lol! Plus part of me thinks maybe I'm yearning for the whole experience again rather than another child.. altho obviously another hold would be loved and wanted as the other 4 all are. My friend has 8 and can't have anymore for medical reasons yet she's still desperate to do it all again.. I just think some people never feel done until their body says no x

At 29 you could still have another years down the line that's what I used to tell myself after 2 & 3 when I said I was done!😉 I'm 36 now so feel I need to stop telling myself that really! lol! Plus part of me thinks maybe I'm yearning for the whole experience again rather than another child.. altho obviously another hold would be loved and wanted as the other 4 all are. My friend has 8 and can't have anymore for medical reasons yet she's still desperate to do it all again.. I just think some people never feel done until their body says no x

I'm hoping in a few years my DH might change his mind but it's not looking promising he likes to remind me about 10 times a day that he doesn't want another. I think I just have to keep telling myself this is it for us because I don't want to get my hopes up that my DH will change his mind.
I think your friend is a good example of all of us....no matter how many we have we will always long for the whole experience just one more time!

My friend had her baby (#2) on Friday and OMG I am so broody - make the pain go away :(

Twag I feel you !!! I WANT A BABY , I WANT A BABY , I WANT A BABY . My baby turned 1 yesterday . It went too quick :( ....... It doesn't get easier .. It gets harder !!!!

I think I just want menopause to hit and then ill be ... Hey I can't have a baby :) lol....... But don't think ill stop hoping for a wee miricle till then ;)

Ok so I saw my friends new baby 1 week old _ OMG cute BUT here is the crazy thing despite being broody I felt nothing no broodiness etc yes OMG tiny lovely newborn but not my newborn so just wasn't the same :shrug:

So I think I am mourning the fact that I will NEVER have a newborn again and not just general broodiness :shrug:

I sure hope it gets easier. Actually I know it will but I think it just takes time. I've recently made a decision not to try for a third child.

I am equally excited about the future, but sad about letting go of the vision of the family I wanted. For me, the positives of staying at two vastly outweighed the sense of completion I know I'd get at having 3, but that hasn't made the decision any easier for now.

It was a combination of things that led me to this decision. I have two kids, a 6 year old girl and and soon to be 3 year old boy. They are at an age where dh and I are starting to regain our lives. They're also at a critical age where I'd like to give them opportunities to do whatever it is they want in life. If I had 3, it would mean that everyone would have to make major sacrifices. I'd have to pull my girl out of a lot of her favorite activities both due to financing and time constraints. We wouldn't be able to afford to send #3 to the good preschool that my daughter and son went to and that would kill me. I literally don't think I have it in me to pull my boy out of that preschool and put him in one that is not nearly as good because I wanted a third. I wouldn't have any quality time with dh, who I already spend far less than with than I think is healthy for a relationship.

One of my favorite things about being a parent is being able to do things with my kids and watch them grow and explore and experience new things. When I was growing up, my parents didn't have money for me to get into any activities, take any lessons, or go on any vacations. I didn't feel deprived growing up and I was happy, but now that I'm a parent, I want my kids to be able to do all of those things that I couldn't as a child and have a full, well-rounded life. If I had a third, I'd be able to provide some of that for each of my children but not as much as I would like. We would not be broke, but we'd have to carefully budget every single luxury. I'm just tired of that life and I don't have it in me to struggle anymore. I look at how much more carefree we all would be...

I would love that third child dearly, but I fear that every time I'd have to say "no" to one of my children due to financial and time constraints, I'd forever have to revisit the "was it worth it" question. Dh also feels very strongly we should stay at two, but would do it for me. Also, I work a full-time job and I'm already stretched time wise at three. I wouldn't be able to spend a hour with each kid individually at bedtime and helping them with their homework. I'd lose some of that intimacy I have with each of my kids and my hubby.

Also, it took extended periods to conceive both of my children. I just don't want to go back to TTC roller coaster. I feel like all of our lives would be on hold and don't want to end my childbearing years on a bad note. I just don't have it in me anymore to try month after month anymore. I don't want to go back to pain of BFNs and single lines on HPTs.

Pretty much everyone in the equation, including myself, would have to make significant sacrifices to make my dream of a third child come true. Yes they would gain from having a third, but everyone is already so happy with what they have right now. Everything is perfect and we have a life that many people would envy. There is no compelling reason for me to make this happen. In our situation, it just feels very selfish for me to push for a third.

It is hard, but I'm doing this for my children and my family. I feel I am giving up on my dream so they don't have to. It would be one thing if it happened accidentally and we had no choice but to make it work. It's another when you consciously make a decision to do something that you know is going to have life-altering implications for your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->