Does it get worse?

lm3898

Trying for a 3rd!
Reaction score
Hi ladies - hoping you can help. I'm almost 7 weeks along and I've been having food aversions and some mid-day nausea...nothing too awful yet luckily. I'm wondering if by this stage, this is likely what it will be like for me or if it's just still too early. Does it get worse before the end of the 1st tri? Thanks!

Completely depends, during 1st try my nausea was up and down - some weeks it was every day twice a day, some weeks I wasn't sick at all..

Now as I'm in 2nd Tri I'm only sick when I smell a bad smell, but my food aversion (which I've had since first tri) of red meat has never gone :sick:

Pregnancy is a lovely time :haha: congratulations! :D x

With my first pregnancy it got better at around 16 weeks. Sorry :( lol

With my first pregnancy it got better at 15 weeks in. It never stopped me from eating though lol with this one, I am constantly in a state of nausea, vomiting 2-3 times a day with an aversion to water! Getting meds tomorrow because it's pretty bad this time around. :( lost 2lbs in 3 days because of not holding food in. Getting lots of pedialyte pops in!

Every pregnancy is different, some ppl dont get sick at all. With my son i was really ill from 9 weeks til about 15, however with my daughter i was physically vomiting every morning from 6 weeks til almost 20!

well my naseau (sp?) started around 5 weeks but as soon as i hit 8 weeks i started being sick it started off only being once or twice at night time but as the day progressed it turned into all day sickness and certain smell set me off as well including when my OH burps lol

im now in my 9th week and tbh it has got any better for me anyways. sickness and extreme heartburn to go with it :sick:

It lasted most of the pregnancy with my first, but it stopped (except a little nausea when I just wake up) this time around 8 weeks.

Heyyyy im due the same day as u! And having exacally same symptoms. I feel nauseaus during the day but not physically sick and some food smells make my stomach turn. With my first daughter I was pretty much the same until about 16 weeks. And was sick at night. Everyone is different :)

I had hyperemesis with my lo. It was the worst experience of my life but I've learned allot about why women are sick during pregnancy.
HCG is the most common cause of morning sickness.
It starts of quite low and gradually builds up and and up till the placenta takes over at around 16 weeks.
Hence why so many women are relieved of their morning sickness symptoms around then or at least by mid pregnancy.
There are certain weeks in pregnancy when you get a massive influx of the HCG hormone this can trigger morning sickness depending on how your body deals with the HCG hormone.
It can range from mild nausea all the way up to unrelenting nausea and vomiting morning noon and night which is what I had.
So I'm afraid your not out of the woods just yet but I would say that if you've had no issues thus far apart from mild nausea that your not going to get really bad ms.
Well fingers crossed anyway!

Thank you for all the helpful responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->