Does oatmeal really help supply?

ProudArmyWife

2 Princesses & PG with #3
Reaction score
I want to start eating better and i keep hearing that oatmeal will help with supply (I'll be going back to work when baby is 8 weeks old). If oatmeal really does help with supply I was going to start buying some to have for my breakfast when I go back to work.

Any other foods that are good for supply?

I ate regular oatmeal (can't be quick oats) every morning after my baby was born for the first few weeks. I had a nice supply. I was able to feed baby and pump extra to store. I also drank a TON of water too...like a gallon a day. I was constantly thirsty. Fenugreek, brewer's yeast and mother's milk tea are also helpful.

I ate regular oatmeal (can't be quick oats) every morning after my baby was born for the first few weeks. I had a nice supply. I was able to feed baby and pump extra to store. I also drank a TON of water too...like a gallon a day. I was constantly thirsty. Fenugreek, brewer's yeast and mother's milk tea are also helpful.

Why not quick oats?

Quick oats don't have all of the beneficial properties that whole oats do. I think it's due to the processing and additives. I used to make my own lactation cookies, and all of the recipes stress not to use quick oats.

I like oatmeal anyways so I ate it. Also read that instant oats is no good. But honestly it was fenugreek and drinking a ton of water, and of course nursing frequently, that did the trick.

Totally agree, I took fenugreek and milk thistle! A lot of what I read on the lactation cookies is that it was more the brewers yeast in the recipe rather than the oats :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->