Does semi perminant hair dye wash out?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
Until I fell pregnant I was constantly dying my hair. In the space of 12 years I must of had it most colours of the rainbow. A couple of months before I was pregnant I had it stripped (from red) and had some highlights in to make it look natural.

Then I found out I was pregnant and managed to go the whole 8 months only dying it once. Since having LO I dyed it a few times using a dark blonde permanent dye. The last time I dyed it was October so it's been 5 months.

I am a bit bored of the colour it is now but don't want to dye it permanently. If I put a semi permanent on will it completely wash out?

Depends on the brand and colour you use, and what your base colour is, but in short - any dye can potentially stain your hair, even if its temporary.

Brands tend to advertise their dyes differently.

The ones you see in the shops shelves marked semi-permanent are actually more permanent than semi. (they last about 24 washes it says on the box, but you'll never properly get them out) They use hydrogen peroxide. They will fade slightly, but not totally.

Non-permanent dyes can vary. They are stains, rather than dye. Some lighter, pastel colours can eventually fade away to nothing with time. More brighter/darker and fashion colours, like my hair dye , are marked non-permanent, but in reality it is so strongly pigmented I will never get it out fully, even with bleach :rofl:

Blondes should be more careful, the more blonde you are the more a colour can stain.

If you are looking for a natural colour I would suggest Nice and Easy or go online and check out Adore's natural shades https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADORE-SEMI...id=1395056332&sr=1-15&keywords=adore+hair+dye

Thank you.. It's like a dark blonde colour at the moment but my roots (which are pretty big now lol) are a slightly different colour. I was thinking of going brown but I don't think I'll bother if it won't wash out completely.

I once used a semi permanent bright red dye and it was more difficult to get out than when I used to perminantly dye my hair red :shrug:

I'll try to attach a pic of my hair the colour it is now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g