Does the feeling of wanting another baby ever go away?

beth_terri

Reaction score
My eldest is 4 next month and my youngest is 1 next month. I want another baby so badly but my oh says he never wants another. He's pretty much said that since I was pregnant so I know he definitely does not want another. Even years down the line he says no!

So I'm wondering has anyone else been in a similar situation and the feelings gone away? Will I get over it lol :(

Right after I had my DS I wanted another baby but that wore off fairly quickly when he was up all night, was clingy due to gas, and ate so much that is really drove me nuts!!

My feeling went away and have not yet returned.

I'm in exactly the same situation, im hoping OH will change his mind but I doubt it.

My DH hasn't said no, just that we cant afford it, which is kinda like no because I don't know when we ever will :( But I spend my time wishing I was.

I worry about this! I would love a big family :)

I think my urge may be slowing but I am on no10 and I mean slowing not quite yet stopping :$ Can you oops and not tell DH, you will never regret it!

I think my urge may be slowing but I am on no10 and I mean slowing not quite yet stopping :$ Can you oops and not tell DH, you will never regret it!

Haha this is what my friends say, accidents happen! But I'd feel guilty, its got to be both our decision x

I hope it goes away. I was 41 (still am) when I had my LO. Can't conceive naturally and can't afford to go through IVF again. :sad1:

I don't know. Knowing myself, I'll always be yearning for more babies.

Can you oops and not tell DH, you will never regret it!

That is horrible, disgusting advice. You should really be ashamed.

A child is a HUGE decision and BOTH people should have a say in it. Sometimes it's unfortunate that one wants more and the other doesn't but that is up to them to work out TOGETHER.

I am so sick of seeing this kind of advice passed around on this board.

I change my mind about it on a weekly basis! ATM I don't want another one!

I feel exactly like that. I was in Mothercare with my son in his pram when he was 2 days old and looking at all the pregnant women in there made me broody. My husband thought I was nuts!

It took us over 3 years to fall pregnant with my son so we didn't bother using any contraception once we'd had him in case it was going to take that long again (it didn't!). So I think for me it stems from having 3 years of obsessing over ovulation, knowing all the fertile signs, symptom spotting every 2ww and just being so desperate for a child that it's hard to switch off. I'm now pregnant again with another boy and I would love a girl so we will go for number 3. Number 3 has to be the last one for us as we don't have enough room for anymore, plus I think any more than that would be too much of a handful! But I do wonder if after the next baby, will I ever switch off and go back to those lovely pre-TTC days where I didn't have a clue about ovulation and never thought about babies! x

Even though I'm pregnant with number 2 I still know inside I want 3 children I feel that inside I will know I'm done having babies when I get number 3 if I stop at 2 I will always feel my family is incomplete. Having said that though I'm petrified at the thought of having 2 children ATM never mind 3! Lol

I hope it goes away....for me my youngest is 9wks old. I have 3 boys and sooooo wanted a little girl..my DH says no more...some days I agree and some days I think someone is missing but I just don't want to have a 4th just because I want a girl.

Even though I'm pregnant with number 2 I still know inside I want 3 children I feel that inside I will know I'm done having babies when I get number 3 if I stop at 2 I will always feel my family is incomplete. Having said that though I'm petrified at the thought of having 2 children ATM never mind 3! Lol

That's the same with me, I've always know I want 3 children! x

I just had #7 and I would love to have more. I don't think it's the right choice for our family, so we are done. I have always said I'd have to chose to be done rather than feel I am done. I have been blessed with 7 happy and healthy children. It feels selfish to ask for more.
My dh & I always tell people if they are unsure about having an additional child to go for it. We feel you will never regret the children you have, but you very well may regret the children you didn't have that you wanted. That being said I strongly disagree with trying to get pregnant behind your dh's back.

I just had #7 and I would love to have more. I don't think it's the right choice for our family, so we are done. I have always said I'd have to chose to be done rather than feel I am done. I have been blessed with 7 happy and healthy children. It feels selfish to ask for more.
My dh & I always tell people if they are unsure about having an additional child to go for it. We feel you will never regret the children you have, but you very well may regret the children you didn't have that you wanted. That being said I strongly disagree with trying to get pregnant behind your dh's back.

That's a good way to put it :)

My little man is only 7 months Nd I love to try now for another but my house is small and I don't wann move but my partner wouldn't be ready yet lol x I need to stop feeling like this I got six dogs nine chickens and a baby to look after lol I got my hands full x

My cervix has been feeling very empty since Thomas was 8 months old :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->