Does the feeling of wanting another baby ever go away?

I feel exactly like that. I was in Mothercare with my son in his pram when he was 2 days old and looking at all the pregnant women in there made me broody. My husband thought I was nuts!

It took us over 3 years to fall pregnant with my son so we didn't bother using any contraception once we'd had him in case it was going to take that long again (it didn't!). So I think for me it stems from having 3 years of obsessing over ovulation, knowing all the fertile signs, symptom spotting every 2ww and just being so desperate for a child that it's hard to switch off. I'm now pregnant again with another boy and I would love a girl so we will go for number 3. Number 3 has to be the last one for us as we don't have enough room for anymore, plus I think any more than that would be too much of a handful! But I do wonder if after the next baby, will I ever switch off and go back to those lovely pre-TTC days where I didn't have a clue about ovulation and never thought about babies! x

I agree with this!! We are currently TTC#2 and we plan on at least 3, but I'm worried I'll just want to keep on going and going and going.....It's such a hard feeling to shake. Before we started TTC again I was already stalking my cycles and I would think- I'm fertile right now....okay, AF is due in 3 days...etc. lol. :dohh:

It only briefly disapears in the few weeks after birth. I have hormones screaming at me that I NEED to be pregnant RIGHT NOW!

OH is happy with 2 though, so I'll just have to wait for grandkids.

as soon as i gave birth i wanted another one so badly and still do lol DH is on the fence about having another one, im hoping i can convince him that we need to try for a girl :haha:

I've been broody since Amaya arrived despite the sleepless nights etc. DH on the other hand says never again lol....he doesn't mean it tho he'd be thrilled too. I hoping to start TTC around Dec.

Can you oops and not tell DH, you will never regret it!

That is horrible, disgusting advice. You should really be ashamed.

A child is a HUGE decision and BOTH people should have a say in it. Sometimes it's unfortunate that one wants more and the other doesn't but that is up to them to work out TOGETHER.

I am so sick of seeing this kind of advice passed around on this board.
Men dont know what they want sometimes and need helping in the right decision! Thats sad that you would see a pregnancy as the product of discusting advice, I feel they are all special especially the little suprise ones!!

But it wouldn't be a surprise, the op would be knowingly doing it. I think that's horrible advice too! Good way to break up a marriage if the oh found out...

A child is a HUGE decision and BOTH people should have a say in it. Sometimes it's unfortunate that one wants more and the other doesn't but that is up to them to work out TOGETHER.

Men dont know what they want sometimes and need helping in the right decision! Thats sad that you would see a pregnancy as the product of discusting advice, I feel they are all special especially the little suprise ones!!

This makes me sick. A man is fully capable of knowing what he wants and it is your job as his wife to respect his wishes, just like its his job to respect yours. A marriage should be about EQUAL partners and deceiving your husband into something as life changing as a child is such a heinous crime.

Every child is a gift, yes, but this would be a pregnancy of betrayal and not would not be a "surprise".

I can't believe you would continue to defend such vile advice.

It is wrong to trick someone into such a huge commitment, you are supposed to be able to trust your partner with your life and trust that they will respect you and your decisions not worry they are going to be deciding that they know better than you what they want! Would you think it was ok if a man interfered with contraception because he wanted another baby or would you see that for what it is - a violation? It might be us that carries the babies but it takes two to make a baby and two to bring it up so it should be decided between two people when to have children. People like you are what causes so much suspicion towards people who have genuine 'accidents' and to be honest I feel sorry for your partner if thats your attitude to such life changing deicsions

I'd feel sorry for the man and the baby in those circumstances. Talk about lack of respect.

I don't support faking an accident just because you want another baby and he doesn't. But I don't subscribe to the woman being solely responsible for contraception either if this is the case. If a man knows he doesn't want any more children and wants to have control over it, he should use a condom without moaning how it's like having a shower with socks on. We all know that the pill isn't 100% reliable, so he should share the reponsibility for contraception, too.

I have my twin boys but I yearn for another baby so much! I so want to experience pregnancy again, to be looking forward to milestones and to scans etc and dream of meeting my baby and choosing a name. I would so love a little girl but even if it was another boy I would be so happy too.
But we cannot have babies the natural way cause of OH's antibodies in his sperm and we cannot afford the treatment again either, we have no space for another baby and couldn't afford one. Also I am 43 and time is running out. But I don't think the yearning will ever got away. :( So, I am playing the lottery religiously lol

I agree with that, it's up to each individual to provide adequate protection for themselves but getting pregnant on purpose and sayings it was an accident because you believe you know best and know what's "right" for your man is despicable.

Advice like that should honestly be suspension worthy.

I reported the post and gave the suggestion. I'm just so tired of seeing such careless advice passed around so freely.

I think what you did is a good idea. Thank you. I'm always reminded of the 'you should have another baby to get more benefits' line when someone suggests faking an accident.

This is really really wrong. Are you being totally serious??

I, for one, would hate to know that I was a baby that only my mum had wanted and that she'd deceived my dad in the process.

This is really really wrong. Are you being totally serious??

I, for one, would hate to know that I was a baby that only my mum had wanted and that she'd deceived my dad in the process.

I have been reading some threads recently about separated parents. One that resonates is of a mum wanting to continue a budding relationship with a man who lives 2 hours away in another town but she feels unable to move further away from the father of her children, for the kids sake as well as for legal reasons. Its a really tough situation, why would you intentionally cause such complication in your own life??? Trapping a man into fatherhood is selfish, short sighted and stupid.

Find someone who will share the joys with you, don't bind yourself to someone who will resent you for life.

I feel this way Beth. Part of me is terrified of having another high needs baby, but there is something inside of me that really wants another. I'd ideally wait 4 or 5 years. My DH and I decided on one child prior to getting married (he wanted zero and I wanted more), so I really do need to respect that. Right now he's basically said he's done, but he's always open to the conversation because that's just the type of guy he is.

The insinuation that men don't know what they want and need to be tricked into things is really troubling. I agree with onetwothreebp that our husbands and other halves are our partners and should be willing participants in the decision to have children. It's unfair to the man and his unborn child to conceive through deception. I respect my husband quite a bit. If I felt he was immature and incapable of making decisions for himself, I wouldn't have married him. Tricking your husband into having a baby isn't like tricking him into taking you to the Cheesecake Factory. You're playing with human lives here. That strikes me as wrong. Flip the coin for a minute - how would any of use feel if our husbands tricked us into having a child we didn't want? Can you imagine the outrage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->