Does the urge to have another baby ever go away?!

UKMummy

Reaction score
I have had three very happy pregnancies in three years and assumed that once I had three children I would feel complete, as I am one of three. However, it's only three days since I gave birth to my last child and I am already thinking about pregnacy etc again. I find the whole experience totally magic and I am so sad to think that I won't go through it again, if I decided not to go again. My husband is all up for having five or six children and we have the space and financial security to do so. However, do you ever know when to let go of that strong instinct? I just worry that I'll end up like one of those freaks you read in the paper with 27 children (I am 31 and my husband is 42 so I doubt we'd fit that many in). I just love the whole pregnancy, newborn, breastfeeding thing. However, I should really be enjoying the children I have already rather than thinking about having another. Has anyone else felt like this or am I some earth mother who needs to get a life?!!!!

Thanks.

if you can afford it why not!..as for the urge - i'm sure it must go away once you reach sheer exhaustion!..:rofl:

Hi
I don't think you need to get a life! Less than an hour after giving birth to Poppy I was hoping I would be able to go through the whole thing again and give her a brother or sister one day.:blush: My sister hadn't even been stitched up after a c-section with her second and she was asking the doctor if she'd need to have a section for her 3rd (she didn't, and went on to have 2 more babies). Even with 4 children under 8 to look after she would give anything to keep having more babies but unfortunately for her, can't afford to and they don't have the space to expand further! So certainly from her experience then no, I don't think it does go away! :hugs:

I feel a bit like that now althoguh I only have 1. I am really looking forward to being pregnant again and giving birth. I think Ill probs enjoy it more next time as I know whats coming. last time I spent the whole time worrying and probably didnt enjoy it as much as I should have. Although Im dreading SPD again :(

Id say go for it if I were you lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"