Does this even mean anything?!

555ann555

Mummy to Gabriella
Reaction score
I'm 8 DPO today and couldn't help POAS this morning, but unfortunately I slept in and the only thing actually in the bathroom was a box of Tesco's OPKs :rolleyes: I peed on one anyway, but moch to my surprise I got a faint pink line within 2 minutes...

Does that even mean anything??

I've got IC tests at home, and had some CB & CD Digitals. I'm not going to use the digi till I know I'm pregnant because I used one before and the "not pregnant" broke my heart! :cry: So anyway, I took a CB normal one to work with me and didn't pee until I'd held it for 4 hours, needless to say it was a BFN.

But CB comes with the chart that says:

Number of days before period due________% of pregnant women getting correct result
0_______________99%
-1_______________87%
-2_______________84%
-3_______________74%
-4_______________53%​

but I'm actually 6 days away from my period so it isn't surprising it wouldn't show me...

So girlies, what I'm asking is does a positive OPK mean a thing?! Am I just going crazy....?

The photos:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/opkon8or9dpo140809.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/opkon8or9dpo140809v2.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/opkon8or9dpo140809v3.jpg

It a pathetically thin line, but it is pink to the naked eye and did show up long before the test was dry...

mine are like that all the time it has to be darker than the test line to show a positive for pregnancy like if you had your lh surge but its early days yet hun so fx for you xxx

When i tested with opk before hpt i got a strong line on opk

Some ladies often have a second faint line all the time on opk's

Good luck hope this helps

Nope faint lines mean diddly swat hun! If using an OPK as a HPT it needs to be positive (your's is not) we have LH in our system all the time.

X

I have loads of OPK's left and pee'd on one today just to see if the theory was true about using it as a pregnancy test.. it does work.... but the line is really really really dark. Good luck tho! Wait a few more days and test with a hpt. xx :dust:

I got quite a strong second line on OPK when I was pregnant...but on hpt it was so faint you could barely see it.

hold out for a few days and use a HPT and fingers crossed for you!

Emma.xx

I have loads of OPK's left and pee'd on one today just to see if the theory was true about using it as a pregnancy test.. it does work.... but the line is really really really dark. Good luck tho! Wait a few more days and test with a hpt. xx :dust:

How does that work then? Does LH go up in pregnancy? I thought it was just for eggy release?! Confused!

How does that work then? Does LH go up in pregnancy? I thought it was just for eggy release?! Confused!

I'm no scientist but I believe OPKs pick up both LH and HGC...

I used and OPK as a hpt just to see. i had already had by bfp on a pregnancy test. it took far more days for the opk to show up as a dark line.

So really what i'm saying is, you'll get a bfp on a hpt before an opk tells you the same.

I must disagree with comment above as i got a strong opk before positive hpt :)

everyone is different

Yup - i was gonna say, everyone is different, but i have heard a few others here say the same as me.

I got a positive OPK 2 days after I got my positive hpt i believe. But the OPK's were steadily getting darker from like 6-7dpo on. They turned positive i believe at 11dpo (see link to picture in my signature) :)

I tried this too (out of curiosity) and I got a mega dark line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->