Does this sound like SPD/PGP?

Willow82

Reaction score
Hello,

So on the days I work, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to walk. It takes about an hour to walk to work as we have to drop LO off at nursery. I don't find the walk too bad, I'm just slow mainly, although sometimes I will start to feel tugging in my lower back.

It's when I get to work that the problems start. I only need to be sitting at my desk for 20 minutes and then get up, for the pain to start. I feel it at the top of my legs on either side of my groin, in my lower back and the lower part of my bump. I only have to move my legs for the painful tugging to start which continues until I sit down. When I walk to the toilet or to get a drink, I'm really slow and properly waddle although I'm only 24 weeks. I don't really experience it when it's the weekend or one of my days off though!

I have my next midwife appointment in about three weeks and I was going to mention it then. I don't know if I should contact her earlier, although I'm not sure what she could do really.

It sounds more like round ligament pain but check with your midwife. On a good day it feels like I've been repeatly kicked in the groin with sore back and hips (but I have arthritis and my hips dislocate anyway so not sure if this is how it normally feels).

Mention it for sure, but sound different to my pain.
I'm sure everyone feels if differently but for me it feels like my hips turn to stone, almost have to grind them to walk, so painful at times I have to crawl because I can't unlock them. Totally frozen solid all around my pelvis with shooting pains, no way could I walk for an hour, if I did I'd be crawling all day! Sitting especially flares it up though, no more cinema trips!
I go swimming loads now though and it really helps the next day, been the best thing so far along with a support belt!

I had this problem when I was working as a waitress with ds2. Sometimes I couldn't even walk after being on my feet for awhile. Between my hips and back it was so painful!! Try a support belt! SPD for me feels like my pubic bone is breaking.

spd for me is like some1 has kicked me in the crutch cant sleep unless i have a pillow between my knees throbbing pains in the pelvic area pelvic feels like its bulging out end up limping walking like a duck not nice at all and just got told i have it again

For me it feels like some one has taken a metal file to my pubic bone

Ah, maybe it isn't SPD. Whatever it is it's bloody annoying though!

Have you had an ergonomic assessment? Do you use a footstool or anything while sat at your desk?

Have you had an ergonomic assessment? Do you use a footstool or anything while sat at your desk?

No, they're supposed to be doing a risk assessment next week but my manager wasn't even aware that he had to do one. I don't think he'll be that interested to be honest but I'll mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->