Does your bump change when baby engages?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Jem88, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jem88

Jem88 Guest

I had my 38 week appointment yest and got told she's not engaged yet, but she's head down (been head down since 28 weeks) But today i've had backache on and off which i've never had until today (not sure if this is anything to do with it) But i've just noticed my bump seems to have lowered, the top of my bump seems to have alot more space there, does this mean she's engaged?

2. Marlarky

Marlarky Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!

Im wondering the same thing because I just noticed my dropped bump today! It dropped overnight!

3. MommaCC

MommaCC Well-Known Member

Most likely she has engaged Hun. My lil man is fully engaged and my b dropped loads in the last week I can see and feel a massive difference xx

4. goddess25

goddess25 Well-Known Member

It sounds like that yes... bump definitely looks and feels significantly lower.

5. Anna1982

Anna1982 mummy of 4

my bump stayed the same in both my previous pregnancy and my sons didnt engage till labor
    so dont worry too much, sometimes they just dont go down there till labors started

6. somedaymama

somedaymama proud mommy :)

I was just looking at my bump pictures the other day (baby was born in December), and my bump definitley looks different from my 39 week picture to my day-of-birth picture at 39w 5d. I think the baby engaged at 39w 3d - that's when I started to feel different.

7. starlight2801

starlight2801 Well-Known Member

It sounds like if she's not engaged she is at least starting to drop down there - good news x