Does your insurance cover your RE, or do you pay out of pocket?

Peachbaby4008

Reaction score
Just curious as I will most likely be referred to a re if next cycle doesn't work. My insurance doesn't cover it :/

my insurance (united health care) does not cover infertility. For some appointments my RE can code my treatment for something else. For example I just had an ultrasound to see why I missed a period, that was coded under amenorrhea instead of infertility. Otherwise ultrasounds are $300. Lab work is covered with no co-pay. I pay for meds out of pocket too. So expensive. If you end up buying expensive meds send me a message. I can point you to a program that helps with the cost :)

I had to pay for all my lab work, ultrasounds, and doctors visit out of pocket because my insurance did not cover it. I tried to get my doctor to code it differently like PP said but she wasn't very receiptive of the idea. I couldn't understand why repeat miscarriages would be considered infertile...I mean I could conceive I was just having trouble carrying...Anyway it ended up being about $2500 of testing....the treatment was very cheap ($4 for a bottle of folic acid!)....

For me, diagnosis/testing is covered, as is clomid...but only if I plan to have sex to get pregnant. Once you use the words "IVF" or "IUI" they stop covering everything.

My diagnosis was covered as well. As soon as I started any meds at all the coverage stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->