does your midwife

i got measured at 32 weeks and now everytime i see midwife she checks.

mine doesnt lol she feels baby ive had a growth scan so unless my bump gets huge overnight then we have a birthweight estimate and if anything im probably measuring small

mine measures me everytime i go, and has done for a while now, definitely since 28 weeks, maybe bit before.

In my 1st pregnancy my midwife NEVER once measured me with the tape measure. Basically I was under consultant care for high BMI and they said the tape measure method of measuring bump size wouldn't work for me because of my podgy tummy. I had 3 additional growth scans at 28w, 32w and 36w. Toby was born 7lbs 6ozs when they all said he'd be 9lbs!!!

In this pregnancy, I am again under consultant care for high BMI but only had one growth scan at 34w to check on baby's size. She's fine and not massive!

The midwife has used the tape measure once or twice, with me laying flat down on my back and finding the top of my uterus. The measurement was totally fine - as in I was 31 weeks and measuring 31 weeks!

All confusing to me! xxx

been measure from about 25 weeks but not what its cracked up to be had 7 midwifes due to restructure and each one seems to be out either measure to big or too small been to see consoltant in sheer panic as i was measuring to big he laughed and said they still using the same tape measures as the 1960s every belly is different but i do get to see twinkle every 6 weeks cause the mid wife keeps freaking out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->