• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dogs extremely attached to me?

lauragrace08

Reaction score
So I have two crazy dogs- a border collie husky mix and a bischon poodle mix. They are always my shadows but have never been this bad before.

The day I got my BFP we left for the weekend for me to run my marathon! We had a friend stay at the house with the dogs and he's done this before and they've always been fine. This time our friend said they seemed really agitated and sat at the front door the whole weekend. When my hubby got home before me he said they were super excited and then it seemed like when they realized I wasn't with him they just walked away and sat by the front door again.

This weekend we went out of town again to visit for family and had the same friend watch the dogs. This time apparently they were horrible!! Princess (the husky mix) apparently howled at the door for two hours after we left and the dogs woke up every night every few hours and barked and cried. This is NOT usual for them.

Anyone else have their dogs behave this way?! Is it possible they sense the pregnancy and freak out when I'm gone? We have a couple more weekend trips planned in the coming months so I'm stressed because I don't think our friend would ever watch our dogs again after this past weekend! Lol

That is soooo sweet! I'm sure animals can sense things like this! My dogs are pretty much the same as always (though when I'm laying down, they do come and lay with me!) but one of my cats is VERY clingy with me. She's clingy normally, but this is ridiculous. :haha:

one of my cats knows I am pregnant, he lays over my stomach constantly, he did it when I was pregnant with dd as well, when I went to my parents, their little doggy didn't want to leave my side, I am sure she knew I was pregnant, I think lo picked up on it early to, know she points at my stomach and says baby :)

Glad I'm not the only one!

I have a cat too, and she was laying on my chest/stomach last night too and rubbing her face against my chin lol. I woke up this morning with my dogs laying on the bed surrounding me, and they normally sleep in their beds on the floor. They literally snuck up on the bed and formed a cocoon around me! It's a bit ridiculous LOL.

It's cute and all, but any advice to get them to chill a little? haha.

wait till you go into labour lol, when I was in labour with lo both cats were following me everywhere and didn't leave my side until I left for the midwife unit. My cats fight to sleep on the bed which isn't always good when feeling sick, my little ginger boy sat next to me while I was throwing up in the toilet lol

i have 5 dogs and they really are our babies and they are already very attatched to me but since being pregnant they are more protective and one of lies contantley with her head on my tummy :blush:

We have 5 dogs. (more than we would prefer but neither of us could part with our babies when we got together). They have been my constant shadow for the past few weeks. When the little dogs are out (3 of them) I end up with all 3 laying on my lap. Even my grandmothers dog is suddenly following me around and "protecting" me. It's really cute. I had heard that animals can tell and get protective. Definitely no joke.

My cat is obsessed with sitting on me at the moment, regardless of any obstacles that might be in the way. Last night I had the laptop on my legs and was slightly reclined so he climbed up and sat on my chest and face. Literally right over my face purring into my ear! He was like this when I was pg with DS too - both times pretty much from when I must have conceived and he only stopped after sitting on my lap and getting a hefty kick from my bump. Then he properly got the hump and refused to sit on my lap again until after DS was born :haha:

awww these are such cute stories!! :thumbup:

It's so sweet but I"m like man how are they going to handle us going out of town again? haha.

I've been really nervous too for how our husky/border collie mix is going to react to baby. She's a very anxious dog and has had a few issues with being aggressive towards our other dog (they are great since we worked with a trainer but it still makes me very nervous). I hope it all is smooth!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->