Doidy cup at nursery?

K

kirsten1985

Freya drinks out of a doidy at home, but still won't hold it herself, I hold it for her. If I put it too near her she just tips it over, so I keep it near me until she wants it.

She starts nursery on Monday and I have to take a cup in for her. I have bought another doidy and have it ready to take but since spending time there this week and seeing how they do meals I am wondering if she ought to take a sippy even though she has never had one? Help!

They sit them in highchairs with a tray (we have her at the table at home) and each of them has the sippy on their tray. I am worried that they will just put the doidy there and she will chuck it everywhere and not drink anything. If she has a sippy at least if she knocks it over it won't spill so much and she can still drink when they offer it to her.

They are already going along with BLW, cloth nappies, vegetarian diet, no dairy, and a new one, no banana, lol. I feel it is a bit much to ask them to do the doidy as well, but not sure what to do.

I guess another option is to send her with a sippy, and keep on with the doidy at home, and when she starts to do it herself ok, switch the one at nursery to a doidy? She is only there two mornings a week, so I don't think she would get used to the sippy, would she?

Sorry for the ramble, what would you do? :)

Have you asked the nursery if they would mind her having a doidy? They sound as if they are quite flexible and if that is what she is used to she might not take from a sippy.

She will drink from a sippy as she has done at nursery this week. That's the thing though, they will say they are quite happy to do it, but I can see them when I am not there not thinking about it and just putting it on her tray or whatever. Or just giving her a sippy because they don't want to have to faff with it?! Maybe I am not giving them enough credit.

I'd probably send her with a Doidy tbh. Tell them that she can't yet hold it herself, surely they won't want water flung everywhere so they should listen to you on that! If they do make the mistake of putting it on her tray they'll probably only do it the once. You don't want to confuse her with 2 cups...well I wouldn't.

Personally I'd see if they'd do the doidy as well, like Claire said they're not going to want to have to clear up a load of water. As long as they offer it to her during the meal at some point then she should be fine :D

having worked in a nursery i would say take the cup, but say that idealy you would like her to frink from it but let them know that if this is gonna be a problem then if need be she can sometimes drink from a sippy. most of the time i would think it would be fine, but there are always meal times in nursery that for one reason or another are busier than others so they may not have quite as much time to help with doidy cup.

by the way i have never had to deal with blw at nursery and yes this may be unusual to them but you should think nothing of the dietry requirments this is totally normal for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->