Doidy cup users

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Have you or do you intend to also teach LO to drink out of a sippy type cup or equivalent? Aisling drinks really well from her doidy although she needs help holding it. People keep giving us gifts of different types of spouted cups which just sit in a cupboard - is there any point in teaching her to use these too or is it a bit pointless? I have no problem with the doidy when we're out and about, I just take a bottle of water and the doidy in a ziplock bag.

I tried to use a spouty thing too and it was really tough to get the water out!... then he strated biting me when feeding.... ouch!!:dohh:

Needless to say, for now, we ares ticking to doidy!! :haha:

I haven't used a doidy cup but personally, I'd stay forget about sippy cups because you really want them to go onto open-top cups anyway, so going to a sippy cup is like going backwards?

I hadn't looked at these before but I think I might get one.. Violet drinks great from her sippy cup but the sooner I can move her onto an open top, the better. The TT cup she's got can be used as an open top but not sure whether the doidy would be better to begin with.. Sorry, hijacking your thread :blush:

Not sure I want to risk biting during bfing!

Faille, I was thinking the sippy might be a step backwards too. They say the doidy is good because of the shape and baby doesn't have to lean forward to see the fluid in it. I'm not sure how important that is so if she's happy with open beakers you already have, may as well stick with that for the time being.

Nah, I think sippys are a step backwards too, I'd stick with the Doidy. :)

I'm not going to use a sippy, Freya does great with her Doidy, just needs me to hold it. She will pretty much drink out of any cup as long as I hold it now, so I just give her any cup/glass when we're out.

She also uses an egg cup or shot glass at home, lol. Whatever is nearest!

She also uses an egg cup or shot glass at home, lol. Whatever is nearest![/QUOTE]

what a fab idea, we use the doidy but he trys to fight me for it which makes a right mess too, will try the egg cup and see how this goes.. x

Ellie is just getting use to her doidy cup which is fab. I won't be trying her on a sippy cup i'd rather just stick with this.

What age do you think they'll need to be before they can hold/feed themselves with it?

We don't plan to use sippy cups, I'll stick with the doidy until he goes onto a proper cup/glass

We've started with a freeflowing sippy cup and she isn't really taking to it too well - but then she is only wee!

Should we switch to a doidy? We have tried so far with the shot glass / egg cup with no success. Are the doidy cups a better option?

We've started with a freeflowing sippy cup and she isn't really taking to it too well - but then she is only wee!

Should we switch to a doidy? We have tried so far with the shot glass / egg cup with no success. Are the doidy cups a better option?

Yeah you could give the Doidy a go. Ruby wouldn't drink out of a free flowing sippy either - she just bit it :dohh: The Doidy might be better for Abby - it says suitable from 3 months so may be better for smaller babies.

Yeah you could give the Doidy a go. Ruby wouldn't drink out of a free flowing sippy either - she just bit it :dohh: The Doidy might be better for Abby - it says suitable from 3 months so may be better for smaller babies.
Ok, I think I'll give it a go. Next question is where on the high street can I get one? I haven't seen them anywhere.

They're quite difficult to get your hands on if its not on the internet. I've seen them in our local natural baby shop, no use to you in Scotland! Otherwise there's a shop called Blooming Marvellous that does them, they've got a shop in Bath and online, not sure about elsewhere. I've also been led to believe that John Lewis do them but I haven't seen them.

I got mine from John Lewis. If you haven't got a local one, you may be able to get one from their website - they don't charge for delivery.

I got mine off the internet somewhere. Not seen them in any shops round here.

Ok, I think I'll give it a go. Next question is where on the high street can I get one? I haven't seen them anywhere.

John Lewis in Edinburgh have them. We have ordered one from Amazon. Emma refuses to drink from sippy cups and im running out of ideas now.

we don't even have doidy cups here!! I never even heard of it!!

https://www.bumpsmaternity.com/Doidy-Cup-by-Bickiepegs.html?kw=doidy%20cup&fl=412747&ci=3157947019&network=s&gclid=CJXl7NWi_54CFSBk4wodgzD7JQ

There's a link to them, they're quite good so LO doesn't have to drink out of a spouted cup. It does mean holding the cup for alot longer than a spouted cup or the water goes everywhere! :lol:

I got one from a friend who just happened to mention she was about to get rid of it! Success so far, Abby seems to like it - but I'm sure that will all change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->