Dollar store test positive, FRER negative?

K

Keroro512

Anyone had this happen?

Im probably 12 dpo and had tested the last 4 days with FRER. I used them up, all negative, and was done testing this go round. Then I saw a dollar store test in the cabinet and decided to test, just so I could have a negative pregnancy test result to record in my ovulation phone app.

Within the time limit, a definite line with color appeared. It was fainter than the control, but definitely there. I have had these look negative and then hours later have a colored, thin line, but this was a different thicker line.
So I went to the store, bought a FRER, and got a BFN. Not even a squinter of a line.

I'm not getting my hopes up, cause I won't believe it unless I see it on a FRER or digital, but has this happened to anyone else and did it result in pregnancy or not? Surely the dollar store isn't more sensitive and at ~12 dpo, if it's still BFN on FRER I think I'm out.

After a couple hours. The dollar store test line was thicker, now it looks more like a line with some color bleeding over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 114
I feel like i can see a faint line on the FRER, as for dollar store tests ive heard theyre just as accurate but im not experienced with them.

As above I feel I cam see a faint line on frer
I don't have experience with the other brand but looks bfp to me x

From what I remember the miu on a dollar store test is in the same range of FRER, but dollar store tests can sometimes just have more dye in them.

That being said, I do see something faint on the FRER. When you tested did you have the same amount of time holding your urine as the dollar store test or did you dip them in the same sample?

I would say maybe tonight after a good dehydrated hold or tomorrow morning you may see more on the FRER? I personally hate them but I know that a lot of people swear by them.

Good luck!

I see a faint line on the frer too. Not sure about dollar store tests it's been awhile since I used one I usually only get a bfp with a frer

I got all my BFP's on cheapies......I didn't get a positive on a FRER till I had known for two/three days :haha:

I've always used cheapies and they'be always been true to me. Also, the doctors use cheapies as well, and they're pretty accurate.

Same as above. With my last pregnancy i never got a positive frer. I tested positive with ic at 9 DPO, negative with frer and same at 10 DPO. After that I didn't feel the need to buy anymore frer's because they're too expensive and not very sensitive. This was my test at 10 DPO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 39
Wow that is crazy! Can you get a different brand of test all together? I've never rated FRER tbh. They've never given me the best lines.

It's definitely a BFP! The dollar store ones were much, much darker. I also only got a faint FRER and wasn't going to buy anymore. I always thought those were supposed to be the best.
I'm only 4 weeks, so I'm more anxious than excited. I can't wait for 8 week ultrasound so I can be SURE!

I had that with my last bfp. The day after I got my cb 1-2 weeks, I kept testing. My fmu with frer is ALWAYS lighter than the evening before. The frer looks bfn and I was crushed. I actually started crying because I thought I was going to have a chemical. Thankfully, I had a bunch of dollar tree tests and that was blaring positive right away. Super weird. I wouldn't stress.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"