Dollar tree pregnancy tests ??

I got a stronger + at 9dpo with a Dollar Tree and a very faint + with a FRER on the same day with my last pregnancy. :)

I just want to reiterate - read these tests after about FOUR minutes - not two. DH wanted me to test again this morning to show progression and I initially panicked when I had only a very faint line after two minutes. After four it was nice and dark - and that is still well under the ten you are allowed.

I wonder how many women have chucked these tests after 2mins and gone on to get BFPs??
Speaking of... Updates Beachy?

thanks for the info mint! i bought a few of these tests over the weekend... still having to wait awhile tho.
beachy lives in cali so its only 430am out there!!! i cant wait to see her test, that girl is preggo!!!

mint can you post a pic of your test from today? indulge us crazy people. just wanna see how these tests act...pls remind me how many dpo you are today too.... 12?? 13??

Sure Jules. :) The people at FF insist I am 10dpo (and my ovuview app thought so too) but from my chart I think there is a small possibility I am 12dpo.

https://i59.tinypic.com/2nknk3q.jpg

I think my original line got a little lighter when it dried. But looking back at my other photos it was lighter than I remembered - I think I got so used to looking at squinters on here that even a faint line seemed dark and obvious to me at the time!
Also, apologies for what looks like a dirty bathtub - it is just really old and stained and we rent so not much we can do.

thanks!
i was so excited to get tests, but im kinda not excited to actually test.. hmm. ive been counting down the days and saying how impatient i am, but i know tthat i can hold off til sunday, have no itch to test any sooner as i thought i would. hmm i dont think thats a good sign.lol.....

I don't think that means anything. I don't like testing early either. Since I only had a 6 daylp before 8dpo was not actually early for me.

haha sunday will be early for me like 10dpo. but i thought since i have some cheap tests now i would be tempted just to test every day for the heck of it. but i really have no desire... i think because as you know its just a one time cycle for us trying i figure that i will be back doing this all again in like 6 months again when we want to start up this winter

Morning ladies! Here is an update. I'm still unsure (or in denial) that this is a bfp. It's super light, but it is pink in person. It worries me that it doesn't seem much darker than yesterday. I am going to bust out the FRER tomorrow AM. If that's a clear positive then I'll tell the OH!

I agree with mint, nothing showed up for me until after 4 min....had me worried. This pic was taken at the 8 min mark. At 10/11 min it was darker.

https://i57.tinypic.com/6zardg.jpg

What are you crazy? That is a positive. It takes hcg 2-3 days to double so don't expect anything too dark in just one day. Anyhow, aren't you still early, like before expected AF? In my pregnancies, the lines were faint ish but def visable the first 2-3 days, and by the day of missed period, the line was darker.....
Ahhh :) Yeay!

Um it looks like mints top test! Yours will look like her bottom one in like 2 days.
Yeah I'm so excited for you!

Haha I totally feel crazy right now. So many months of nothing but stark white and now I can't believe a line when I see it. Typical! :)

FF has me at 12dpo today but I think I'm actually 11dpo. So ya, still early! AF isn't due till Sunday/Monday. I think I'll really believe it when AF doesn't show and I actually FEEL something...anything. I can't believe I'm begging for pregnancy symptoms...but come on!

I need you to start testing now Jules!!!

Haha nope, I WAY too early, only 7 dpo. 10 dpo is my limit which will be Sunday. I'm still a whole week away from AF!

I'm not getting my preggo vibes anyhow.... :) we shall see.

Congrats Beachy!!!!
It is totally normal to not have symptoms so early.
I honestly think these tests are as good or better than FRER and personally wouldn't waste the money - go for a digi in a few days if you want confirmation.

Congrats Beachy!!!!
It is totally normal to not have symptoms so early.
I honestly think these tests are as good or better than FRER and personally wouldn't waste the money - go for a digi in a few days if you want confirmation.

I actually have 2 FRER left (from a 3 pack I bought months ago) I didn't want to use them until I thought I would see something. So I'll use one tomorrow and one Sunday (day AF is due)....I totally want to go out and get a digital though...would LOVE to see that "pregnant" pop up!

I'm going to try and keep myself distracted today. I took today and tomorrow off so I need to get out of the house!

Question for you ladies who have been pregnant before- is it okay if I have a cup of decaf coffee in the mornings?

I've been drinking mostly decaf for the last few months but have snuck in a regular cup here and there.

I just really enjoy the habit (especially on the weekends) of sitting around drinking coffee in the AM.

Beachy - haven't been pregnant before but love coffee so researched this extensively.
It is considered safe to have up to 200mg of caffeine a day. For me that is up to 3 small regular nespresso shots (195mg) but it can also mean 2 small cups of coffee or one large. As far as decaf you have to be careful - some coffees are decaffeinated using a chemical process that is no bueno when preg. Nespresso uses a chemical-free process. Some companies say they use a "water process" which sounds safe but frequently still actually involves chemicals. Look online for your brand or call the company.

Beachy - haven't been pregnant before but love coffee so researched this extensively.
It is considered safe to have up to 200mg of caffeine a day. For me that is up to 3 small regular nespresso shots (195mg) but it can also mean 2 small cups of coffee or one large. As far as decaf you have to be careful - some coffees are decaffeinated using a chemical process that is no bueno when preg. Nespresso uses a chemical-free process. Some companies say they use a "water process" which sounds safe but frequently still actually involves chemicals. Look online for your brand or call the company.

Oh wow I had no idea about the chemicals in decaf! I guess I'll skip the cup until I can research the stuff I have!

Thanks for the heads up!

Kind of just been stalking as I bought dollar general hpt's and they were crap...indents like crazy! But maybe I'll try dollar tree this time around :) Wanted to say a huge congrats to the bfp-ers and Beachy that is 10000% a BFP I'm a bad influence and say take a frer asap!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->