Dollface85 that was it at 32+2!! UPDATED with pics on pg.4!

dollface85

Reaction score
Ill update more tomorrow but Elijah Timothy was born 3/5/13 at 9.31 pm weighing 4 lbs 13 oz, 17 inches tall with an apgar score of 9!
Super fast and intense delivery naturally due to no time for epidural.
Hurt like a b*tch but I'm still here and everyone is healthy!
Pics coming tomorrow!

Thank you all for months of support!

UPDATE:

So for the past few days I hadn't really experienced any significant changes, just felt more uncomfortable like we all do in the third tri, experienced a bit more discharge like 20% more and baby was as active as usual.

On the morning of 3/5 I felt a bit more wet so just incase I googled leaking amniotic fluid and thought thats probably not it but thank god I had my doctors appointment at 3 pm that day!
So I went to work normally and I was training a new employee mainly sitting down. At 1.30 pm I stood up and felt a gush of liquid come out, I wobbled to the restroom, dried myself and thought I'm about to leave for my docs appointment in 30 minutes. But then I gushed again.. and again .. and again. So I called DH and said we should probably go to ER instead of my docs appointment and told him to bring be change of clothes.

Once we got to the ER my yoga pants were completely soaked all the way to my ankles and they took me back immediately. They hooked me to the monitor and his heart rate was perfect and I was having mild contractions that I couldn't really feel but could see my abdomen rising and lowering. By this time it was 3 pm. The doctors examined me and said I definitely broke my waters and baby is either coming today or in the next two weeks. They said they will try to get me to at least 34 weeks but its ultimately up to him.

They took a sample of my amniotic fluid to test how advanced his lungs were and also gave me the steroid shot to mature the lungs. At this time it was about 5-5.30 pm and DH parents and sister had arrived and I started to have moderate cramps that started to affect my speech, and it was all in my back.
When I first arrived my cervix was closed but now by 7-7.30 I was 1 cm dilated.
They started to get increasingly stronger and I started to ask for pain medication. They checked me again and I was 2-3 cm at around 8 pm.
Once I got to the labor ward from triage they put something in my IV but it only made me feel high didn't help the contractions. At this point I was crying through my contractions and could not breath properly so the lack of oxygen made me throw up. With the next contraction I felt the need to push so they checked me again and I was 5 cm at 8:50 pm. At this point the called in the epidural that I was BEGGING for lol, but with the next contraction at 9 when I really felt the need to push I was at 10 cm!! They started rushing me to the delivery room and I realized I wasn't getting my epidural and started hysterically repeating: I can't do this, I can't do this. And my DH very calmly said yes you can and my delivering doctor and nurses held me and said you can absolutely do this.

I was nervous and scared but started pushing, at first I felt like my pushes weren't doing anything and I kept asking if he is coming down or if I'm doing it right. DH and nurses kept reassuring that he is coming down and can see his head. About 3 set of pushes of 3 I could feel the ring of fire and it was strong but with each set I could feel myself stretch, even though it was painful it felt right. Through it all I would cry that it burns, or hurts or I am tired but everytime it came to push I just did it no matter what. Second last set of pushes his head was half out and we had to wait for another contraction to push the rest of his head out. Even though it was uncomfortable as heck again I could feel myself stretch and it felt right.The last set of pushes head came out which felt insane, and body right after it at 9.31 pm, 30 minutes later!

I only saw him for a split second before he was wheeled to NICU and he had full head of black hair and looked like his daddy! Placenta came out 3 minutes later very easily and I only got a 1st degree tear with one stitch! It definitely burned and ached down there but after my ibuprofen and some other pain meds I felt better. Recovery was extremely easy! I do have some broken capillaries on my face from pushing!

We got to see him last night and he looks so amazing for 32 weeks. He doesn't need extra oxygen they just push air through him so his stomach doesn't collapse, his skin looks plump and pink. His little cries sound perfect. I haven't seen his eyes yet but DH said they are brown like his was when he was a baby, now they are emerald green so Im sure thats how his will end up being.

They said we should be able to hold him today so I am very excited! It's all so surreal still... can't wrap my head around it. I was in active labor for about 3-5 hrs and dilated so extremely fast. Elijah will need to stay at the NICU for about 4-6 weeks but he is doing amazing!

https://i50.tinypic.com/1zb43fl.jpg

Bless your heart honey! I'm glad everything is ok, best of luck to you and your sweet baby boy.

I can't believe hes come already!! I hope your both ok. Keep us updated. Congratulations hun xx

Amazing job, congratulations. Hope you and LO are well

Hope you're doing okay and baby doing well. A bit of a surprise seeing your this is it, your due date wasnt far from mine.
Congratulations :)
Looking forward to seeing some pictures xx

Oh wow!! I following your perfect bump then see this ! Congratulations xx

Ohhh wow Congratulations Doll hope you and Elijah are both well ...will be looking forward to pics :hug: so so happy for you and cant wait to reading your story xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dollface! I can't believe it! Congratulations! He'll be the cutest! Wow you're a mama now!! Can't wait to see your pics!

Congrats! So glad to hear you're both healthy!

Omg :-o glad your both ok and congratulations

Oh wow, glad all went well and Elijah is doing so well! Enjoy being a mummy xxx

OMG!! Wasn't expecting to read that when I logged on this morning!!
Congratulations hun, glad all went well, can't wait to see pics!!

Congrats hun, hope all is well.

I do feel irrationally angry when people with later due dates go before me lol, but the main thing is your little one is healthy and happy, which sounds like he is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->