Dollies

bungle

Mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So, DD1 has the baby annabelle doll - the one that cries etc. DD2 has a Baby Born and is into her 'babies' in such a major way that I'd like to buy her a new one. Any suggestions? Don't want her to be disappointed but it's really hard to choose.

Thanks in advance

DD started off with a couple of Corolle dolls and then got her Tiny Tears which she still loves at 5.

She also likes her Anime dolls from Disney Store.

DD started off with a couple of Corolle dolls and then got her Tiny Tears which she still loves at 5.

Thank you so much for the suggestion of a Corolle doll, they look lovely! Far nicer than baby annabelle or baby born...although the price is a bit scary! I'm watching the price on camelcamelcamel of the lila doll. So sweet I'm sure DD2 would love her.

Zoe has two Cabbage Patch Kids baby dolls (Madalyn Camille and Pearl Sunday) and she adores them. They don't 'do' anything, though, so if your girls are used to baby Annabell or Baby Born they might be a bit boring. Hubby thinks we should get her a toddler type Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas, but I'm wondering if she might like something different, like Annabell. Have to say, though, I am particularly fond of Pearl Sunday myself and worry she might be forgotten if there is a new, more exciting baby around!

Zoe has two Cabbage Patch Kids baby dolls (Madalyn Camille and Pearl Sunday) and she adores them. They don't 'do' anything, though, so if your girls are used to baby Annabell or Baby Born they might be a bit boring. Hubby thinks we should get her a toddler type Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas, but I'm wondering if she might like something different, like Annabell. Have to say, though, I am particularly fond of Pearl Sunday myself and worry she might be forgotten if there is a new, more exciting baby around!

I bought DD2 a cabbage patch doll for her bday last year, I was so excited as I loved mine as a child but she won't go near it! Apparently it "smells funny" and so is beyond contempt!! It just smells like a cabbage patch doll to me :( she does currently have a baby born which came with a bottle so you can feed her and she wets but my daughter seldom uses this function, she just loves playing with her

I got a Corolle doll for dd2 from tesco direct, was able to use club card boost vouchers which brought the price down a fair bit :)
Eta doesn't look like they do them at the moment, they are lovely dolls though and I agree nicer than zapf etc!

Thank you so much for the suggestion of a Corolle doll, they look lovely! Far nicer than baby annabelle or baby born...although the price is a bit scary! I'm watching the price on camelcamelcamel of the lila doll. So sweet I'm sure DD2 would love her.

Aw you're welcome! They were presents and the only ones she had, so had to take care of them. They're still in good condition too and the hair hasn't matted etc. Definitely keep an eye out for deals on them though, I hope you manage to get one :flower: xxx

I bought DD2 a cabbage patch doll for her bday last year, I was so excited as I loved mine as a child but she won't go near it! Apparently it "smells funny" and so is beyond contempt!! It just smells like a cabbage patch doll to me :( she does currently have a baby born which came with a bottle so you can feed her and she wets but my daughter seldom uses this function, she just loves playing with her

Oh no! They do have a distinctive smell, I think it's supposed to be baby powder. Zoe loves it, but they were her first ever dolls, so I guess she just thinks that's what dolls smell like! She did once leave Pearl Sunday in the car on a warm day, not long after getting her, and the smell when we got back in the car was a bit too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->