• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I agree with Mellie, take a step back from it all!
Have you got a picture of your bracelets or what you've done so far? I remember seeing the picture of what you were aiming for and they looked fab!

I got really like this (not knowing what to do) a few weeks ago! I still am in a way, I'm okay sorting big obvious things but trying to think of little bits like decoration I just can't get my head round! It helped me writing a list of what we've done already and what's sorted rather than focusing on what needs to be done :)

Thanks girls. I'll post a pic of the bracelets later so you can see what I've got so far. Deffo not wedding worthy though so I'll re-think that one an just throw these into their 'thank you' boxes I think :)

I'm just trying to do little bits now coz I find those easier than the big bits. Lol! I bought the labels for our place names yesterday, and found somewhere that does lovely wedding signs. Just need to decide which way around our names should be; 'Alyson & Alex' or 'Alex & Alyson'?!! :wacko: It's the bigger things like centre pieces, table plan, entertainment etc that's driving me bonkers. Lol x

Thanks girls. I'll post a pic of the bracelets later so you can see what I've got so far. Deffo not wedding worthy though so I'll re-think that one an just throw these into their 'thank you' boxes I think :)

I'm just trying to do little bits now coz I find those easier than the big bits. Lol! I bought the labels for our place names yesterday, and found somewhere that does lovely wedding signs. Just need to decide which way around our names should be; 'Alyson & Alex' or 'Alex & Alyson'?!! :wacko: It's the bigger things like centre pieces, table plan, entertainment etc that's driving me bonkers. Lol x

That's a good Idea if you don't think they are suitable!
I think it's really hard knowing what to do and when and those guides you see are never any help and they don't include alot of things!
I wondered about our Names too, I would always write OH first but it seems that all I can find wedding wise the females brides name goes first!
Table plan :wacko: I have no clue about either!
Entertainment is another thing I worry about, we're just having a DJ in the evening and a photobooth but in the day I feel like everyone's going to be bored and waiting around, I'm trying to think of little things people can do Inbetween things like ceremony and meal then meal and evening reception!

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/6279A8DE-F7A7-4EDA-A798-EEFCA368BE2D-8634-00000C54D52537C2.jpg

That's one of the bracelets. Need to find an alternative to the knots but can't find a crimp bead big enough so was thinking just wrapping silver wire around it??

I've got a rough idea on table plan. Think it's just going to be the usual picture frame type one with mini bunting across it for the tables. I'm going to be making that too though. To buy it people on eBay are asking £50+, but you can buy an old picture with a nice frame for £15 and do it yourself :)
We've not got any proper day entertainment. We've got a couple of garden games an will have picnic blankets out for people. Just have to hope its nice weather!! For the evening my friend has said she'll do a DJ set but I need to get all the equipment etc which is stressing me out. For the rest of it I think I'll just have a play list on. Which means buying loads of music that I don't have :wacko: Sooooo much to do!!

One of my bridesmaids dresses arrived last week too and it's too short. She has to ask her mums friend if she'll add a layer of chiffon in to make it longer. But I might roll that in with getting my dress altered too to keep costs down a touch maybe.

https://pics.boards.weddingbee.com/38173.Candle_tree.jpg.resize

I love this centrepiece. I've been looking at how to recreate it. The blog where this came from said she just collected sticks from near-by woods etc but I have a feeling she was in America which has very different trees to us. So I'm stuck. Again :dohh: I wish I didn't keep changing my mind about centrepieces!!

https://pics.boards.weddingbee.com/38173.Candle_tree.jpg.resize

I love this centrepiece. I've been looking at how to recreate it. The blog where this came from said she just collected sticks from near-by woods etc but I have a feeling she was in America which has very different trees to us. So I'm stuck. Again :dohh: I wish I didn't keep changing my mind about centrepieces!!

that centrepiece is gorgeous!! i love it

It is a bit special isn't it. Just gonna be a lotttt of work :dohh:

:hissy: our venue has no PA system!! That means we have to find extra money to hire the equipment now :gun: I give up. I want a quiet reception anyway. Lol

How am I not subscribed to this?! :wacko: 8 months?! No way! That's mental ... I remember when it was 2 years away :lol: I'm now a religious stalker! :flower: x

:yipee::yipee: you got your BFP!!!! Congratulations sweetie :wohoo:

OH and his groomsmen are going to try on suits on Tuesday...should I be worried?? :lol:

A little maybe :lol: I'm dreading OH going getting his...I think I will be sending his mum with them :rofl: she has abit more sense than OH does, he will just say oh yeah that one there

X

Ohh no about the PA system, how much will one of them set you back then? Try not to worry youve got plenty of time :)

As for the suits you know i went with my OH :haha: all id do is if you have ideas let him know and colours, make sure he knows the colours :rofl:

I may have sorted the PA system. One of my besties brothers deals with that sort of stuff all the time and he's arranged a deal for me for a full 500w system with setup and a sound engineer for £90!! Total bargain. I was looking at £120 just for 'dry hire' (set it up yourself etc) of a 250w system which we just wouldn't have had time for :wacko:

I'm gonna send him armed with ideas and colours. There's three of them and the colour scheme is purple/blue/teal so might ask them (tell them) to have one colour each :thumbup: And am I right in thinking our dads need matching suits too??

And I'm quite happy with his best man and groomsman. They will force him to try on suits properly :)

Thanks hun.

As for the grooms men I'd send them with a photo of what they need to look for :lol: I couldn't have let OH choose ... I'd dread to think what he would have come back with x

Ooo err, you're all scaring me now. Is it not the norm to let the man choose his suit?? :wacko: think I need to get some pics together of what is (and more importantly 'isn't') acceptable :haha: xx

If you trust your OH to choose let him go ... but I wouldn't trust mine :lol: he has no fashion/colour co-ordination sense at ALL! :haha

Yeah just compile him a collage of what to look for roughly :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->