Don't give up...

edthedog

Baking another pink one! #4
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to post and tell you my story as I always loved reading about other people's success and also maybe I can give someone a bit of hope when they're feeling down about ttc (as I did most of the time!).

I came off Cerazette in October 2009 after me and my husband decided the time was right to try for a little one. I didn't have a period (not even spotting) for over 60 days. During that time I experienced every pregnancy symptom going and was convinced I had fallen straight away (that is how I found this site!).

I eventually settled into a 33 day cycle after 6 months.

I soon fell in to the whole obsessive poas pattern (usually from 6 dpo - :blush:) and every month went through the same rollcoaster of emotions. I think to be honest the whole thing caused me a bit of depression and I often wondered what was wrong with me.

Anyway, after another horrible :witch: last month I decided to give up for a while and go back on the pill. I just didn't feel I was coping with the whole ttc very well and needed a break for my sanity.

Anyway as you can see from below I haven't ended up going back on the pill.

Here are some things I have learnt from this whole experience; I hope they might help someone else:

• IC are crap - only got a decent line on one when I got 2-3 on a digi
  • I know everyone says this and god knows I couldn't do it apart from the last month, but I am sure half the reason I am pregnant now is because I relaxed about it
  • I am a big girl and was worried this would affect my chances but I have always ovulated. Also, midwives, docs and scan lady have all been lovely and no-one has been nasty about my size
  • My hubby hated the whole 'ovulating' thing and I soon learnt that if he got a wiff of me only wanting to BD cos of the time of the month he would have 'performance issues' so I learnt to keep quiet!
  • Pregnecare conception is the absolute best pre-natal and really increased my ewcm - really recommend it
  • Asda hpt are great - £3.90 for 2 and they're 15miu
  • My symptoms before getting a bfp were the same as I got every month for af so all my sysmptom spotting in previous months was pointless!

Sorry for the long post but I have gained such useful info from the ladies on this site over the last 11 months I wanted to let everyone know one thing - don't give up!

:dust::dust: to everyone

Ed xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations!! and thanks for all the info.

Thanks for sharing this and congratulations to you!

Congratulations :D thanks for all the info too :) It's so nice to here of your success :) xxx

Thanks for the great post, I came off cerazette 3 months ago so it's good to hear of your BFP! Have a happy and healthy pregnancy. :happydance:

Thank you for sharing the great advice - and congratulations!!!!

Thankyou so much for posting this, it was really really useful to read. Im going to do my best to follow your advice and hopefully join you in 1st Tri soon. Have a H&H 9 months!

Thank you for the extra encouragment & congratulations!! that is truly wonderful! i hope to join you over in first tri soon!! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!
xxx

Congrats and thank you x
Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g