Don't know what to do with my dogs =(

I'm sorry but it really peeves me when people 're-home' their pets. What usually happens is these poor dogs bounce from home to home and are not well cared for. Unfortunately there are people who take in free pets but do not look after them.

Have you tried installing a colourbond fence which is a metal?

Sorry again for the rant but it does really peeve me. I have 2 12 month old puppies and a baby due any day now and there is no way I would consider re-homing them because it's too hard.

I find this really offensive. You don't know people's situations at home, nor what lengths they have gone to that they haven't mentioned. Some dogs get re-homed for extremely good reasons-- or put down if the issues are simply not fixable, as in the case of my dog, who I had to euthanize two months ago. Sometimes it is truly better for the dog and the owner in these cases.

It peeves ME to see judgmental posts like this.

My dad installed an electric 'fence' around my mom's garden. It was one wire and he barely needed a meter, it took the dogs one shock and he never had to switch it on again. Couldn't u maybe look into a similar option. Not full on electric fencing but just one wire around the height she chews leave it one for a couple days and she'll get the picture. It was cheap for my parents, they just bought the components and he installed it himself wasn't very difficult.

I'd prob look into a dog run tbh, as with two young kids a wire at chew height might not be a great idea :/, the invisible fence systems might be better :). Personally tho I'd use a metal dog kennel and run, I know it would be expensive (not as bad as you poss think if you got to a equestrian or livestock manufactor), I found one of my collies could still damage a wooden one :). Sounds like you've got a real handful tbh, meant to ask are both your dogs ok with sharing food - you wouldn't want to put a bone or kong in with a dog that can be aggressive around another over food :). I hope it gets better soon :). Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->