Don't want to feel alone

Shotgunrider

Reaction score
My husband and I have a one year old and we were supposed to have another baby in August. On January 1, I had a miscarriage and now I am not only discouraged but insecure an fearful of losing the baby when I get pregnant. When we got pregnant with our son, it only took one time. Trying to have the second baby took around 6 months which I know isn't a long time but when you get pregnant the first time you have sex it is intimidating and upsetting to have months go past and nothing happen. Now I am even more upset because I never thought I would have a miscarriage I almost felt like I was immune to it as if it was never going to happen to me and then it did. A huge smack in the face. So I just want some people to tell me I'm not alone in this. It gets very discouraging.

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss.

I understand why you're frustrated and insecure. TTC after a loss is really difficult. Before having DS2, my husband and I were TTC for 12 months, with 2 losses in that time (and one before we started TTC). It was really rough and then after I did finally get pregnant with DS2 I was a wreck at first. I had to force myself to keep my anxiety in check and just focus on one day at a time. Worrying wasn't going to help or prevent anything, so why spend my energy on it, iykwim? I had to remind myself of that while TTC as well - and think of each cycle as a fresh start instead of a failed try, if that makes sense. It can definitely get discouraging, but keep hanging in there. Eventually it all works out - just take it day by day :flower:

So very sorry for your loss....it is so hard to deal with because none of us want to think it can happen to us :-( When you and DH feel ready the time will be right to start to try again - and whenever it happens will be the right time for you. You're definitely NOT alone - and don't feel pressured and, even though I know it's hard, try not to worry too much when you do get pregnant again.

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't personally experienced it but know many ladies who have. I wanted to say that you definitely aren't alone!

Your definitely not alone we have been ttc for 3 years and I just suffered my 3rd loss in a row Monday just passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->