dont want to go out or look at myself

I empathise 100%, this is exactly how I felt when LO was a month old. I too had a c-section and BF, so I can't diet. It does get better. My belly is nothing like it was six months ago, but still have weight to lose. It takes about a year for your body to go back to shape, especially after a c-section- remember, they cut several layers of abdominal muscles!

The best thing you can do is try to exercise a bit once your doctor gives you the :thumbup: (although with caution if you're BFing), and keep in mind it'll be getting better and better. I was a size 8 and went to a size 16 right after birth :dohh::dohh::dohh:. Now I'm between 12-14. Remember, it's happened to all of us, and we were given the greatest gift in the world.

A year from now, you'll be back in your jeans.:winkwink:

Oh Hun I felt exactly the same but it will get better over time. I didn't have a csection but I could cry at the sight of my tummy.
13 weeks on and I am beginning to get my confidence back. I have lost nearly 3 stone, would like to lose another two still but my tummy has got considerably better, it is almost flat now.
I was still hiding in maternity clothes coz I couldn't fit in my old wardrobe and I don't think that helped, I treated myself to a few bits, had my hair and nails done and felt so much better. Xx

Have hope that your overhang will get better with time - mine did, although I thought it was there for good at the time. In the meantime leggings and stretcy tunic tops helped.

I hope so!!!

I'm excited for winter because by xmas I want to be back to my pre baby weight and it was Autumn when I got pregnant, meaning all my skinny clothes were for auntumn/ winter anyway :)

I'm also 24 and I didn't have a section but do have the worst overhang so I know exactly how you feel it's awful :( I was a size 8-10 pre preg and now I have to constantly wear big knicks to tuck it in otherwise you can see it through my jeans! I'm sure in a few months time you will feel a lot better hun just set yourself a target and have something to aim for!

Xxx

Well, my target is 2 stone for deffo by xmas. Thats a good 4 months. I don't think thats too bad a target? Its 15 weeks-ish till xmas which averages to approx 2lbs a week.

That's my goal too hun, two stone by Christmas-so doable! Your welcome to join my thread I started in the postnatal support section called 'let's lose weight together'. A great bunch of girls have joined and we all support and encourage one another. Everyone's doing really well. Xx

Thank you all for your kind comments.
I know I've just had a baby- its not the weight that bothers me its what the c section has created. I don't understand why they can't just give a little more time sewing you up? They do it so fast, you're just left with a mess.
I've even looked into a tummy tuck but its £5k.

Whilst I agree with not being too had on yourself, a c section in itself shoukdnt normally ruin your stomach to my knowledge. Iv had two and the scars are ver small and neat, is it something you think is worth asking someone about? But saying that, 6 weeks in is so early you really do need to give yourself time. This is my second section and I am just about back to normal now and my baby is 5 months so it WILL get better x

I feel for you. I was feeling the exact same way, probably worse. I was 25 , and had a c section. I had the most horrible overhang (i thought so anyway) but it has pretty much vanished. I still have a mummy tummy , a little one...but its almost all gone. I was 246lbs at my highest and am now 180( prepreggo weight). Ideally, i want to be between 160-170.

It takes a long time for some people. We compare each other a lot to other woman who have had children...not everyone bounces back, due to metabolism etc. Just be focused on being healthy for you and your baby and give it 9-12 months. Good luck:)

Go out and buy yourself some clothes that fit. I lost 20 lbs in the first two weeks and have lost NOTHING since then. It took me a really long time to resign to the fact that I needed such bigger clothes, but I feel much better wearing a bigger size than still being in maternity or workout clothes. Still have 12-14 lbs to lose (and ideally more than that, I was at the upper range of my ideal weight when I got pregnant), and mentally it seems like a waste of money because I'm going to get thin really soon, but evidently NOT!

I could have wrote this post a year ago. The first thing I did was buy clothes that fitted well and I felt so much better. But like you I was worried about my overhang as I put on nearly 4 stones. I was a size 10 previously and was a size 14/16 after pregnancy, now I am down to a size 12, I have lost 3 stones and got about 10 pounds to my pre pregnancy weight but the overhang does get better. Please try to not put too much pressure on yourself. Things will improve hun.

My clothes do fit- its just the overhand that is very evident and looks unsightly.

So the over hang does get better then?

I'm not into sit ups or anything, but I do love taking Lou out for walks in his pram and I love to clean (yes, CLEAN) and swim. Will that and Weightwatchers be enough do you think?

it totally gets better. Just go out for walks as much as u can! My daughter and I go out almost every day for at least 40 mins sometimes more too though. I found walking really helped me lose the weight along the way, as I didn't fully eliminate junk totally out of my diet. You can dooo it.:)

I know a bit how it feels not the c-section stuff but the after the baby is born stuff I gained a little weight and couldn't wear what I wanted. I now dress in anything I want, its been 6 mths. I never really dressed in sexy outfits or stuff like that but now I feel hey why not. It's all a mental state of mind. You are beautiful and things will get better.:hugs:

The overhang is from pregnancy itself, not from the c section. It does get better though and your stretch marks will fade. my stretch marks were quite deep but you can barely see them, i know my youngest is 4...and it will seem forever but i just wanted to let u know that they do really fade. You did so well losing weight on the run up to your wedding and you will do it again...you just need to give your body time to heal xx

I have to disagree, i have had three kids 2 vaginal births 1 section. never after 2 vaginal births did i ever have the overhang. after my section i had a serious overhang. theres a big difference between a bit of a muffin top and a overhang that just makes your belly look seriously sagged following a section, thats pretty difficult to get rid of if you get rid of it.

everyone that i know thats had sections has the overhang but ive never met anyone thats not had a section that has the overhang.

I sympathise with you op, i hate my overhang too. having kids does all sorts to your body. I'm 16weeks post section and ive just recently started feeling better. i still have to wear big pants and clothes that come way past my scar as anything on the scar still digs in.
I had a pretty tough time following my section i wont go into all the details but i did have 2 infections one at about 3weeks and one at 12weeks.

it takes time to recover and get used to it.
someone once said when my Lo asks where he/she came from i can show them :thumbup:

My suggestion is to completely avoid jeans, whether is was vaginal or c-section, for 2-3mos after childbirth. It takes the body time to recover and heal itself. I still had a little of spare tire going on at 6 weeks, which I never had pre-pregnancy. I was so excited about having a beautiful healthy baby that I didn't care. I probably would've cared if I had even tried to squeeze back into my pre-pregnancy clothes at that point though. I was so much more comfortable in nice sweatpants. I think I was 12ish weeks before I put my jeans back on. I was a size 7 before my pregnancies and got down to a size 0 after DS2, which I don't recommend. That was a bit too far and I looked nasty for a different reason on the weight spectrum. Some of that was due to developing an autoimmune disorder after having kids. I don't look right as a size 0 at almost 5ft 9, so please do NOT strive for that. What I'm trying to say is that it really is just a temporary and amazing thing that your body does. Do I still have stretch marks on my butt, and boobs that look like deflated balloons, absolutely, but I have my pre-pregnancy shape back and even better now. It just took some time. Remember, it took 9mos for your body to get there and it'll probably take about 9 for it to get back. Hang in there and be confident! :hugs: Just remember to wear comfy and forgiving clothes while you heal.

I have the same issue, too. I just bought two cute pairs of yoga pants and several nursing tops that match with my large blouses and chunky sweaters. It is depressing, though. I know I'm only 6 weeks PP but I miss my old body. I don't like how thick my midsection is. It used to be my favorite feature. :(

I'm starting to work out 20 minutes of strength each day and I walk up and down the stairs of my house with baby, too. It's helping with endurance, that's for sure. Hang in there, our bodies change all the time. This, too, shall pass.

For all of you who put on weight and are now feeling bad about it - at least you won't have my problem. I don't have a great relationship with food, so while baby was healthy and a good weight, there was virtually no extra on me. Now there's no way I can eat enough to keep up the bf milk supply, and am topping up already at 11 days. So yes, I'm back in jeans (although still a size bigger than I was!), but little one will end up on formula. If I'd been fatter, and able to eat more, that wouldn't have happened. Nothing horrendous about formula, but it wasn't what I wanted. Your body will recover, and it won't take forever - good luck everyone :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->