Doppler help/tricks/tips

staycb01

Reaction score
My Sonoline B came in yesterday, and of course I had to try it out quick!
I most picked up 135 range... but did manage to pick up 140-150 range just for a second or two. It was so quick that I cant remember if I really heard anything or not as I was so concentrated on the readings.

Any chance with those readings that it was the baby at all? At my scan this week the heart beat was 167 BPM. I know the readings on these dopplers can be off/low.

Any tricks/tips? I feel like I really used a good portion of my gel last night too :/

Thanks so much for your help :flower:

Being so early I wouldn't even look at the display readings. If just concentrate on the sounds.
I was really surprised just how gently I had to use the probe. I thought I'd have to really push it in. My bubs hangs out just above my pubic bone, slightly to the right :) :)

Mine arrived today and I only heard what I thought was my own hb but at 130 that's seen way to fast also heard a whooshing noise don't know what that was. I'm not to worried as I'm only 7 + 6 so wasn't expecting to hear anything just yet will try again later in the week. Will be nice to hear some tips and tricks anyone has :) x

I didn't find baby on my doppler until 12+1. tried from 7 weeks and did nothing but worry. Even at 12 weeks baby was very low down and i had to press quite hard. Please don't try everyday and worry yourself! I have an anterior placenta too which doesn't help x

Yeh I had anterior placenta with my last pregnancy even the midwives used to struggle to find the heartbeat x

If you get a 130 reading that is the veins located there. Dont focus on the readings just listen for the fast galoping/train. I found that until 12/14 weeks i couldnt find my peanut in the evenings. Then i tried in the afternoon and i heard the hb. The wooshing sound is the placenta. At 8 weeks you are more than likely to have trouble picking up the hb unless you know exactly where to look. Baby will be waaaay down.

If you've had an abdominal scan, start with the probe in the same spot as the sonographer used. Slowly twist it 360 degrees on the same spot. If you find nothing move a centimetre over in another direction and repeat. Bear in mind bubs is so small he could be tucked behind a major blood vessel making him impossible to hear or could even move to a spot you already checked while you're searching. Good luck x

I found my baby yesterday after a couple of days of trying. I only heard the heartbeat for a few seconds but it was enough for me to reassure me.

My best advice is start low down by your pubic bone and look for your placenta. Which is a whooshing sound. Baby will be right near. When I found mine at 9w2d it was really faint and almost hidden. Once I found it I now know exactly where to look. And a week later the heartbeat is so much stronger. Also on your left and right sides you'll hear whooshing noises those are arteries. Good luck :)

I agree that you should be listening for the hb rather than looking at the range. You may also want to wait for a Dr. Appt so you know what you should be hearing so you don't stress yourself out. It's very fast and distinct so once you hear it you'll always know.

My best advice is start low down by your pubic bone and look for your placenta. Which is a whooshing sound. Baby will be right near. When I found mine at 9w2d it was really faint and almost hidden. Once I found it I now know exactly where to look. And a week later the heartbeat is so much stronger. Also on your left and right sides you'll hear whooshing noises those are arteries. Good luck :)

I think I may have heard it earlier today but it was only for a couple seconds and sounded faint and rather far away.... I wonder if that was it?

I found my baby at 7 weeks 2 days. Ive found it every day since. This is my 6th and my uterus moved out of my pelvis early. It took along time at first and now it takes a second. I would put the probe in the center right by the pubic bone. The probe would be pointed down and almost laying on my stomach. I would stay in one spot and make slow circles. I would move on and be patient. I would arch my back with a full bladder. Good luck. Don't worry if you can't find it. You are still pretty early.

You tube have some great videos with tips and tricks too :)

Might be worth trying as well with a full bladder and putting a pillow underneath your hips.x

I think I may have heard it earlier today but it was only for a couple seconds and sounded faint and rather far away.... I wonder if that was it?

The first time I heard it it sounded faint and far away. It actually didn't register on the monitor. The next morning I looked in the same spot and found it much clearer.

But I will say bub can move! lol. Last night I was looking in the normal spot and no heartbeat. Of course I panicked a bit but moved out of that area and found it nice and strong. Lol

Thank you ladies so much for all of your input! You are wonderful!!!

I'm 98% sure I heard it this morning. Only a few seconds but sounded like a little train ��

I've found heartbeat for over 2 weeks now and sometimes I can get it on the display (170 or so) and other times I cant

Has anyone found it heart beat one day but not the other? I found it Sunday morning but can't seem to find it since :/

Yeah, that's totally normal. Until about 12 weeks in my last pregnancy, I could never find it every time I checked for it.
Also, a tip to save money: when you run out of the ultrasound gel, you can actually just get a big bottle of aloe vera gel from the drugstore. It works just the same, and is much cheaper and easier to obtain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->