Doppler help/tricks/tips

Yeah, that's totally normal. Until about 12 weeks in my last pregnancy, I could never find it every time I checked for it.
Also, a tip to save money: when you run out of the ultrasound gel, you can actually just get a big bottle of aloe vera gel from the drugstore. It works just the same, and is much cheaper and easier to obtain.

Thank you!!!! Makes me feel better! I keep reading about these women who are about as far along as I am who hear it every single day, and I'm like what the heck??? LOL

Yeah, that's totally normal. Until about 12 weeks in my last pregnancy, I could never find it every time I checked for it.
Also, a tip to save money: when you run out of the ultrasound gel, you can actually just get a big bottle of aloe vera gel from the drugstore. It works just the same, and is much cheaper and easier to obtain.

Thank you!!!! Makes me feel better! I keep reading about these women who are about as far along as I am who hear it every single day, and I'm like what the heck??? LOL

It depends on things like placental position, pelvis size, baby's position and whether or not you're a bit chubby. Lots of variables which can make it trickier for some mums than others x

It depends on things like placental position, pelvis size, baby's position and whether or not you're a bit chubby. Lots of variables which can make it trickier for some mums than others x

You are so right! I also have a tilted uterus, so that could play a factor as well. So many different variables :)

I found both my babies heartbeat’s at about 8w5 & 9 weeks so I think it is the babies heartbeat :) I didn’t focus on the range but I knew it was the baby because of the galloping horse/train rushing noise compared to my heartbeat :) Congratulations :) xx

I initially found bubs hb at 10+5. I then didn't find it again until today (12+5). I'd had a scan in between so I knew it was my Doppler technique rather than an issue with baby! Even today I found the hb for a couple of mins and then the rascal swam off to a new hiding place. If you don't find the hb please don't stress!

I had my first prenatal today and my doctor says to me, 11 weeks is usually too early so don't be alarmed if you don't hear the heartbeat. I didn't tell her I've been listening to it since 9w2d, :haha: Anyways she tries (for literally a few seconds) and nothing. I come home and use my Sonoline b and find it straight away. Lol

The display # never come out acurate for me. I just go by the sound. It helps me to prop my hips up on a thick small pillow, and lay flat otherwise. And it's easier to find right after waking up.

You will know when you hear it. Sounds different from all other sounds in there. Sounds like a horse galloping. If you cant find it now, dont worry, its most likely "user error". :) try again another time.

You will know when you hear it. Sounds different from all other sounds in there. Sounds like a horse galloping. If you cant find it now, dont worry, its most likely "user error". :) try again another time.

Yeah, I've heard it before... once this past Sunday, but have not heard it since. Had scan yesterday and know all is well right now, so not too worried about the Doppler. Probably will just take a break for a week and try again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->