Doppler question for moms with multiple children

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
The reason the title says for moms with multiple children is because:

I've been using my Doppler as reassurance and this baby likes to hide making it sometimes very difficult to find , I know I'm still early but with dd1 I got my Doppler at 10+4 and found it easily each time even with anterior placenta, with dd2 I found heartbeat from 8+6 and easily each time.. So maybe this baby has an anterior placenta and it's just harder to hear? Or maybe it just likes to hide more. I've never not been able to hear it , just takes a lot of searching some times and sometimes it's faint and other times it's loud and easy to find. I just find it strange. I do hear movements and kicks too!! Just curious if maybe there's something i haven't thought of that could be interfering, I've never been told I have a tilted uterus? About the same weight as I was with the girls, maybe a little more stomach pudge but not much! Just looking for similar stories!!

This is my third baby, I got a Doppler with my second after a bleeding scare, but was always able to find her heartbeat. This one is exactly how you described it is for you. It's difficult to find but I can hear movements and everything else. This baby is breech though so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thank you! That is reassuring to know I'm not the only one!

Your welcome, I also have/had a tilted uterus this time, which can make it hard to find the hb. I have pretty much stopped trying for a large part.

This is my 2nd baby. With my 1st, I found the hb at 8w6d, and he continued to be easy to find. With this baby, I found him at 8w4d and he was a lot harder to find all the time! I finally stopped once movements became regular. No anterior placenta, everything pretty much the same as with my 1st. I think this baby just hid more.

Thanks ladies! Much more reassured thank you, and tonight as soon as I put the Doppler on there it was loud and clear so this baby must be a better hider!

Same thing here! I had a Doppler with my second, and with her I heard the heartbeat at 8+4 and then easily every time I tried. This time around, sometimes it does take some searching on some days. One day it took nearly ten minutes and I was totally freaking out because I was experiencing cramping feelings too and thought it was all over. I did eventually find it really low down and at a funny angle (that was at 14 weeks too). The next day, almost as soon as the wand touched my skin, I heard a strong heart beat. This is my first posterior placenta, the other two have been anterior, so with me, it's not the placenta getting in the way, just a baby that clearly likes to hide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->