Doppler questionq

L

Lynzi88

Hi ladies. I'm 9 weeks 1 day and finding something or someone on my doppler with a beat of 150bpm would that be one of my own arterys or is that to high to be anything but baby? X

I thought I was finding baby around the same rate around the same stage as got my Doppler when I was 9 weeks. I later discovered it wasn't though and was a bit harder to find the actual heartbeat. I would recommend watching some YouTube videos for tips, once you find the heartbeat the sound is unmistakable, like a fast train or galloping horses. Once I found the heartbeat it's been in the 170-180 range but I can still find whatever it is that comes up at 140-150 too. I think the heartbeat is usually higher than that early on. I also found it helped to have the volume turned up full even though the feedback can be annoying, sometimes I can hear the heartbeat but it's not actually registering on the screen all the time.

I found the heart beat. Although it doesn't register on the doppler I can say I've definitely found it. There's no mistaking that sound.. it sounds like a galloping horse. Watching the YouTube videos definitely helped. thank you very much for your advice

No problem, glad you found it, it's a great sound! I think it's harder for the sound to be picked up at this early stage or distinguished between all the other things it picks up, but good that you can definitely hear it still. Hopefully be easier as we get further along.

Which doppler do you ladies use? I'm thinking about getting one...

My own heartbeat registers on the Doppler at about 150,for some reason!

Glad you have defo found it now though :)

Slightly later on the placenta sounds very similar, just swooshes more rather than clear beats so watch out for that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->