Dopplers...share your expieriences

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I have a sonolineB i am 8+2 at my scan i was put back 3 days so really i am probably 7+6 but i still insisited trying the doppler and i cant find it yet.

When did you hear it?
How low down?
Does weight make a difference?

Im 8 plus 2 according tl last period but according to ovulation I might be 8 weeks. I have an angelsounds doppler and cant find it uet. I can hear my hb and lots of whooshing noises. I am a bit porky and think weight matters x

I was around 9+ when I found both of mine. I've got a new doppler this time which is similar to the ones midwives use so I'll be trying from 7 weeks.

15% were able the hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks
75% were able to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks
85% were able to hear the heartbeat at 9 weeks
95% were able the hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks
99% were able the hear the heartbeat at 11-12 weeks
https://www.meditech.cn/meditech-edu/Fetal_doppler.asp

I found best way to find early on was:
-Lots of gel
-Position probe at bikini line
-Point towards cervix.
-Small movements to try and find heart beat.

I hired a doppler online (it's a hi-bebe brand?) and the earliest I found baby was 10weeks2days. I tried for a week prior but kept finding nothing. Baby was low, lower than I expected, but once I had found it that first time, I've had no issues since. I read a lot of people said a full bladder helps, but I was actually the opposite. The heartbeat was much easier to hear after I'd just been to the toilet.

Good luck finding your little one. It'll happen when you least expect to find it.

I'm porky too lol i think i will give it a few days before trying it again, i thought i might have heard it for a couple of seconds but then i lost it, it could have been my imagination running away with itself because i really wanted to hear it lol

I've even somehow got the gel in my hair lol x

I was around 9+ when I found both of mine. I've got a new doppler this time which is similar to the ones midwives use so I'll be trying from 7 weeks.

-Lots of gel
-Point towards cervix.

Thanks for the info :) i bet i'm not one of the 75% to hear it at 8 weeks lol the again i could still a day off 8 weeks. I will try pointing it towards the cervix next time i had it in every angle i could this time though lol

I had a major full bladder still nothing even when i emptied it lol i wish i had my own ultrasound machine haha x

I think I was 7 weeks 4 days :)
But I have only just started to hear it loud for the past week

-Lots of gel
-Point towards cervix.

Thanks for the info :) i bet i'm not one of the 75% to hear it at 8 weeks lol the again i could still a day off 8 weeks. I will try pointing it towards the cervix next time i had it in every angle i could this time though lol

Not sure how those stats apply to other brands of doppler and its just the one that is linked for which contributed to the stats. It does seem a little high to me on what I've seen reported on first tri forums.

I got a hi bebe Doppler. Baby for me the first time I heard "him" was about an inch below my hair line(just on the bone). Empty bladder laying flat on my back worked best for me. Lots of gel helps a lot. First time I hear mine was 7 weeks 5 days and every day since. This is my third baby though. With my first I didn't find her until 11 weeks.

Wow thats really early lol i hear plenty of my heartbeat its everywhere.

I was 9+1 with an Angelsounds but that was the first time I'd tried it. I don't have that doppler anymore so I'm going to try with a Sonoline B this time, hopefully from about 7 1/2 weeks, but won't freak out if I don't find it. Well, I'll try not to anyway. :blush:

Does your placenta beat at the same rate as your own heartbeat? Or is it different?

What is the placenta beat? i thought the placenta was the tree blowing noise?

Oh I don't know, I might be wrong! I have heard it described as a whooshing, pulsing, beating noise...

Wow thats really early lol i hear plenty of my heartbeat its everywhere.

It was really early I got very lucky. I poste a video on here and had some non believers but I've heard it every day since. A strong 160-170. I have the video of how it sounds that early if it would help.

My placenta sounds like a wooshing heartbeat but it beats at my rate not babies.

Not the placenta actually beating, more your own blood beating through the placenta. That's why I wondered if it was the same rate as your own heart?

I get confused lol when i try it next i will tell you what i hear, i did here tree blowing sounds, a loud 'pew' noise beat i assumed it was my hearbeat it was in with the tree blowing noises so around the placenta area and it was about my rate.

Yes i think it was my own heart rate beating through the placenta x

Yes please link me to the video :) is the babys heartbeat in with the placenta sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->