Dopplers...share your expieriences

Next time i try it i will upload a video of the sounds i hear and hopefully someone can tell me what they are lol x

Yes please link me to the video :) is the babys heartbeat in with the placenta sounds?

It's just the baby's heart beat at 7 weeks 5 days but I'm sure I could do the placenta sound too. May take me a min or two to go find it lol
Here is the heart beat.

7+5
https://i1201.photobucket.com/album...7C71F59-1159-00000168462AD585_zpsbcfb958f.mp4

10 weeks
https://i1201.photobucket.com/album...FAC143D-4679-00000568B9677059_zps3227e844.mp4

Aww the 10 week one is so clear, i am tempted to get the doppler back out lol x

Do any of you have a prefered time of day to find it? X

I found my youngest son at 8+4
This time I tried for 45 mins at 8+3 and couldn't find it, but I found it within a minute again at 8+4!

Use lots of gel, start low down in line with your bellybutton and angle the probe rather than moving it. Slowly! Once you find the woosh woosh placenta noise the hb should be somewhere close, but when it's early it's usually very quiet, and can be hiding behind the placenta so hard to here. As the days go on it should get clearer! :)

Oh and lots of people say a full bladder helps and I always tried with a full bladder but the day I found the hb my bladder was empty so I don't think it always helps, and I seem to find it quicker now when my bladder is empty x

I have the sonoline B, I first found HB at 8+6, and right on my pubic bone. I was searching for 35 minutes before I found it :thumbup:

I first found my babies heartbeat at 8weeks and 5 days on my hi-bebe Doppler. If it helps, I don't have a full bladder when I look for baby (it's not my first baby and I can't hold a full bladder for long enough to find baby!) and I lie completely flat on my back. I don't use the LCD display until I "hear" baby. I know what it sounds like instinctively, and it would be easy to miss it if I was watching the screen. Then when I find it I look at the screen to see the bpm. My baby's heartbeat is 175bpm. The placenta sounds like a wind tunnel, a roaring whoosh at the same beat as your heart. And the baby should be near it, my baby is just to the left of the placenta. At this stage they're so tiny it's very hard to find them. Good luck and I hope you hear that beautiful sound soon. Xxx

Thank you for the tips etc unfortunately my mam passed away this morning so i don't think i have the patience for the doppler for a while :'(

Oh my goodness . I'm so sorry for your loss. xxx

Thank you, i feel so numb i cant get my head round it, i decided to get the doppler out to take my mind off things and within 10mins i found my babys heartbeat at 158bpm it didnt bring me the exictement it should have because i should be able to share that with my mam :'( x

I'm sure your mam was right there in spirit Hun, though I know that won't bring you much comfort. I am really happy for you finding your little ones heartbeat :hugs: xxx

Oh no Hun I'm so so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you are feeling :( you are in my thoughts :hugs::hugs: xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->