Dostinex and getting pregnant

Another update: I got a positive OPK on CD 15. I was starting to wonder if I even ovulated so that was a great sign!! I have been taking my temp daily and it rose a lot this morning (CD17). All good signs. And lots of BD-ing. Some people say every day is too much...but my husband doesn't have a sperm problem so I think daily is OK. Now its the TWW again. You would think I would be a pro at this. But IT SUCKS!!! Not much planned for the next two weeks. But I should know by Superbowl Sunday if I can drink or not. UUGHHHH!! I hate this part. My older sis had her 8 week appt today and her ultrasound is in 2 weeks. Looking forward to hearing that all is ok with her pregnancy.

Good luck san fran! When is super bowl sunday anyways? I know I'm kind of embarrassed to ask that question but I just don't follow sports at all! except I do know whose playing this year! Lol.

AFM - I'm waiting to O, it's been a long wait, especially since my honey is away on business but he'll be back in time for O so that's a good thing!

I hope everyone is doing okay!

i was wondering when SBS was too. :blush: im not a sports fan.

Haha at least now I don't feel like the only one who doesn't really follow sports ... =D

one of the guys i work with keeps talking about it. Im kinda like um, what? at least i know *what* it is, so i dont feel completely stupid! :haha:

Exactly! I know whose playing but that's only because of facebook! :haha: I'm a girl, all I know about is shoes, purses and clothes!

You're doin better than me! Lol, I don't know who's playing!

Well I know, but I don't care to know! I think it's the patriots and giants or something like that!

im not even sure why i dont know, as much as the guy from work talks about it!

You probably just block it out, which is what I normally do but oh well. I know this year but still won't be watching it! The only reason I really like it is because I go to parties and they have really good party food :haha:

I was gonna say... maybe i just ignore it. LoL. since im gonna be at work, i'm gonna be forced to watch. oooooooooooh my eyes! my eyes! :haha:

Hi ladies! You are too funny about the superbowl. I only know because it is force fed to me. And I kinda got into it a little when the 49ers made the playoffs. I only like the superbowl for the party, food, and drinks...oh and gambling :) My good friend is hosting at her new house as a housewarming party.

I have started spotting today :( Its cycle day 24 and only 8 days after I think I ovulated. So maybe I have a luteal phase problem???? I have an appointment with my RE for this Thursday. My husband and I decided we will do clomid and maybe IUI next cycle. Makes me sad to think it has come to this. I totally cried after making the appt. Oh well. I felt a lot better after my husband got home and gave me a pep talk.

how do you figure out how long your luteal phase is? i started spotting today, making this a 37 day cycle (2 days shorter than before!), but i have no idea how to tell when lp is, or if i even have one (since i dont seem to ovulate)

Hi RainAngel - I used and OPK and took my temp this cycle. I got a positive OPK on CD15 and the instructions said I would O anywhere within 24-48 hours. Then my temp shifted: CD16 = 97.44 and CD17 = 98.11. Not much, but on a chart, it looks like a spike compared to all my other temps. So I think I O'd on CD16. Then spotting on CD 24 which is only 8 days later. My period hasn't officially started yet, but I lightly spot for 3 days before it does. And my temp hasn't dropped yet. But the spotting definitely means AF is on her way. I just don't think that my body has enough time for an egg to implant. I wish it was Thursday already so I could go to the doc, get some magic pills, and get going with the next cycle.

San Fran Shan - If you're spotting during your luteal phase than there could be something wrong so you're right to be going to the doctor! If you're 8 DPO it could easily be implantation bleeding! IB normally happens between 6-12 DPO so you're well in that range, you never know! And I know how you feel about maybe doing IUI .... I'm in the same boat. If I don't get pregnant this cycle then I'm supposed to go to my FS and talk about what's next and I'm almost positive it's going to be clomid + IUI. I'm nervous about it and I can't believe I'm in this situation but it is what it is ... you just never think it's going to be you ya know?

Rainangel - I think the only sound way to figure out how long your luteal phase is would be to chart. If you chart, once you get your temp rise, you count from that day until first day of full AF flow and that's how long your luteal phase is. I just started charting 4 months ago and I never knew what my luteal phase was but now I know it perfectly!

I never have positive opks, and I rarely have a temp rise. I was also told you have only 12 hours from when you get your positive opk. Others say 48, which is why they get positive opks 2 days in a row. Also, by the time your temp moves its too late. Same with opks. I never really understood how they all worked. But until now, I've been so irregular. I plan to start temping and opking again in feb, hoping that since I have cycles now, I can pinpoint something in case they don't give me clomid.

Yeah I mean if you don't temp, I would start. Even though it's annoying it is really helpful to figure out what's going on with your body. I never knew about luteal phase and how long my periods were until I started temping and I actually enjoy doing it just so I know where I am in my cycles and so I know what's going on with my body! And OPK's are really confusing! I hate them actually, I did them about 2 months in a row and then I finally decided I wasn't going to waste money on them anymore. After 2 months of temping I knew approximately when I was going to O and also since going to my FS he told me that I should be BDing from CD 12 - 20 no matter what. Every other day of course, so CD 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20. If you do that your chances of catching the egg are pretty good =D!

Anyways, good luck! I hope you get everything sorted out!

I used the clear blue easy digital OPK with the smiley face. It was nice not having to interpret lines. But those are really pricey. I wish I would have started temping months ago because I would have a good set of data already. My temps seem wacky. But I have nothing to compare them to. I will have my RE look at my chart and see what he thinks.

I don't want to get my hope up about anything. Last cycle I spotted on CD 24 as well. I am really nervous about Clomid and the possibility of multiples! My grandma had 3 sets of twins naturally! Yikes.

I will definitely be sure to post after my appt with my RE this Thursday and let you ladies know what he says and what we will do next.

My ob thinks I'm not ovulating, and that's why my temp stays the same most of the time. I used to bd every day, then the next every other. There's obviously something wrong with me, since I've only been pregnant once in over 6 years.

I'm terrified of starting clomid, as we have a high twin output. I was a twin, but my brother didn't survive. Somebody else had triplets, all naturally. I kinda want twins. I want two kids, hopefully a boy and a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->