Dostinex and getting pregnant

Yeah, and when I had a u/s in 2010, they didn't find it missing.

Hi RainAngel, they didn't say thyroid would affect me falling but levels will need to be watched when I fall and my medication may need to be upped to prevent miscarriage, but the prolactin level defiantly will stop me falling as I don't ovulate (although I get my period every 28-32 days) but I am very hopeful that it won't take long now I am on Destinex!!

my dr said that my thyroid bein messed up can make you not ovulate. But I really dont know how much i like, or trust, this doctor!

Well he is right. I have a prolactin problem which is on the pituitary gland and it can cause troubles when ovulating and TTC. My doctor checked my thyroid because if there was something wrong with that, he needed to correct it so that I could conceive!

Yeah, they started me on a medication, and I have bloods in 5 weeks to see if its working.

Here is another update for me...tomorrow is my saline sonogram. Nervous because I read it can cause cramping. Oh, and that it feels like you are wetting your pants as you leave the doc's office. Fun stuff. The sonogram is to take a closer look at my uterus for any polyps or abnormalities. I did have the HSG about 6 months ago and everything looked normal, I have a heart shaped uterus though. But they said that was OK.

I ovulated in CD 16 last cycle. If it is the same this cycle, I will O on Saturday Feb 18th. I am using the OPK starting tomorrow and taking my temp.

I am having a really difficult time these days. I got my MBA last year and really want to start a new career. I also really want a baby. I have a good paying, secure job...but it has its limits and makes me feel stuck. A good friend of mine is the director of global operations at a tech company in the south bay and she knows of some open positions and is talking to the hiring managers on my behalf. I want both soooo much. I know you CAN have both, but I also know you shouldn't start a new job pregnant just to go on leave in 6 months. They can't fire you, but I would do this to make a name for myself and advance. My friends don't get it. My husband thinks I am nuts sometimes...OK a lot of the time... At this point, I am going to try for both and fate will decide what happens 1st.

Maybe my anxiety and worrying is the only thing causing me to not get pregnant??? Talk about irony.

San Fran Shan - If I were in your shoes I would do the same thing, try for both and just see what happens. I mean you don't want to not take the better job because god forbid you don't get pregnant right away it would be a waste to not have taken the job and if you get pregnant and you get the job well then you have two great things happening in your life, and like you said they can't fire you for getting pregnant! And call me crazy but if you've been TTC for a while, I don't think anxiety has anything to do with not getting pregnant!

Thanks Ash! That's exactly how I am looking at things.

Saline sonogram went well. Didn't really hurt at all. I barely had any cramping. Everything down there looks 100% OK. No polyps or anything that would explain the pre-period spotting. I have a ripe follicle on my left side and should be ovulating very soon. Today is CD 11. OPK was negative this morning. I am officially in the unexplained infertility group.

So I have been using a Maybe Baby ovulation kit for a few months and never seen the little fern meaning I wasn't ovulating, this morning it is covered in ferns woohoo after 4 weeks on medication I am ovulating again!!
Just a little bit excited :happydance:

Mumma09 - that's great news! Felt the same way when I got my positive OPK last month. Still waiting for it this cycle. Hopefully tomorrow! Good luck.

I went for another ultrasound on Friday the 17th. The follicle was still really big so they gave me an HCG shot. Then on Saturday morning I got a positive OPK and went in at 9AM for IUI. The doc said my DH's semen looked excellent. The highest count of the day, LOL! The IUI would normally be pretty painless, but apparently my cervix is curved or the entry to my uterus is or something and the doc had to use this tool to grab it and straighten it out. It really hurt!!!

So now its just the waiting game begins. I am still taking the cabergoline once a week and was instructed to keep taking it until I get a positive pregnancy test. And no testing early since the HCG shot can give me a false positive and stays in your system for two weeks!

OMG. Not sure if anyone reads this, but here goes. I felt SO sick today. Its only 4 days past the IUI so I feel it can't be pregnancy related. WAY too soon. I went to work this morning and my stomach started hurting with shooting pains. Then waves of nausea. And I was so drained I could barely keep my eyes open. I tried to tough it out and lasted 3.5 hours then finally came home and slept for 4 hours. Stomach pains the whole time. I still feel pretty nauseated. No food sounds appealing. It is so weird. I got a normal night of sleep last night. Nothing unusual.

So now I feel extremely bloated, still a little nauseated, weak, and dizzy when I stand up. But that could be because I couldn't eat all day. This is torture especially since I am trying not to read into things/symptom spot. 8 more days til I can test.

I'm still reading San Fran. FX'd for new of a BFP!

OMG. Not sure if anyone reads this, but here goes. I felt SO sick today. Its only 4 days past the IUI so I feel it can't be pregnancy related. WAY too soon. I went to work this morning and my stomach started hurting with shooting pains. Then waves of nausea. And I was so drained I could barely keep my eyes open. I tried to tough it out and lasted 3.5 hours then finally came home and slept for 4 hours. Stomach pains the whole time. I still feel pretty nauseated. No food sounds appealing. It is so weird. I got a normal night of sleep last night. Nothing unusual.

So now I feel extremely bloated, still a little nauseated, weak, and dizzy when I stand up. But that could be because I couldn't eat all day. This is torture especially since I am trying not to read into things/symptom spot. 8 more days til I can test.

We must be on almost the same cycle, I feel your pain I have been feeling off for the last few days and very nauseous but can't vomit there is a bug going around at the moment so I am sure it is that but the fact that I'm just nauseous and not vomiting is making me wonder!!! I can't test until Tuesday next week!!!!!

Mumma09 - that sounds promising! Fingers crossed for you.

Looks like I'm out this cycle. Today is CD 24 and that is when I usually start spotting for 4 or 5 days before my period starts. I noticed spotting in the shower just now. Very sad and bummed. My friend told me last night that she thinks it isn't happening for me because I am too pessimistic. That really upset me because it makes it sound like it is my fault and I am doing something to cause this.

At least I have a good distraction. I had a phone interview for an awesome job Friday. The interview went really well and I have two more interviews lined up for Monday or Tuesday this week. Since the baby thing isn't working out, it feels like a sign that I should focus more on my career.

Mumma09 - that sounds promising! Fingers crossed for you.

Looks like I'm out this cycle. Today is CD 24 and that is when I usually start spotting for 4 or 5 days before my period starts. I noticed spotting in the shower just now. Very sad and bummed. My friend told me last night that she thinks it isn't happening for me because I am too pessimistic. That really upset me because it makes it sound like it is my fault and I am doing something to cause this.

At least I have a good distraction. I had a phone interview for an awesome job Friday. The interview went really well and I have two more interviews lined up for Monday or Tuesday this week. Since the baby thing isn't working out, it feels like a sign that I should focus more on my career.

Oh well done how did the other interviews go?

Do any of you ladies use Maybe Baby ovulation testers? I have been using the saliva one and it showed a fern pattern when I ovulated really strong but it has kept the fern pattern although not as strong, it says that can be a sign of pregnancy!!! the last 2 months I used it it went away after ovulation, its killing me still have to wait until tuesday to test!!!!!!!!

Mumma09 - any new news about this cycle? I have never heard of or used Maybe Baby. But fingers crossed it is a good sign you were still having the ferning pattern.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews and I am waiting to hear back. It sucks having to wait. The calls went well and I have a friend who is pretty high up at the company so I think I have a decent chance. It will be a bummer though because it will mean I need to wait at least a couple months before TTC again.

I am going totally nuts. While I try to convince myself that I am just going to focus on my career, it is not really what I want to do. But at the same time, it is what I want to do. I was OK with the IUI not working because I had these interviews lined up. And if I don't get this job, I am really going to freak out.

I cry at diaper commercials. I cried tonight and got really depressed when another friend announced her pregnancy on facebook. Her 2nd pregnancy. Some of my friends are now on their 2nd pregnancy and I can't even have one. Whaaa whaaa whaaa. Poor me. I am having a pity party for myself. Anyways, let's hope tomorrow...or this week, brings some life changing news!!!!

Well I went to dr on Friday and my Prolactin levels have gone from 680 to 30 woooooo!! My dr even let me skip this weeks Dostinex tablet incase I am pregnant double woo!!
He did do a pregnancy test but it was negative but I am not due until Tuesday so may have just been to early although I do feel like AF is on the way trying not to get my hopes up or down until I test tomorrow :)

san fran shan - thats great the ph interviews went well!! now you have to things to wait on poor thing!! Hope you here soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->