• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double booked c-section & Q about the 'queue'

thelioncub

Reaction score
Heya,

My baby is breech and so I've had to throw away my dreams of a natural labour and book a c-section. The only thing is, when we came to book it they told us 'oh, we're fully booked for 3 weeks now'! :cry:

I've had gestational diabetes since week 16 (am on 3 metformin pills a day) and have already been told I won't be 'allowed' past my due date (5th March) because of this. The hospital could only 'actually' book me in for like March 7th or later, so instead they had to basically add another row onto their timetable - meaning where they are only meant to schedule 4 a day I am now the 5th. (I'll be 39 weeks exactly)

It's made me a bit nervous as I don't think I'd cope very well waiting from 8am (when all 5 of us have to be there) until really late in the day - not to mention any emergency c-sections they have to fit in also - My sugars would be all over the place from not eating, and I'm not sure how this would affect the baby?

Does anyone know if GD would mean they might put me to the front of the queue? Has anyone gone in for a c-section and then been turned away until another day?

Thanks in advance!

I would imagine depending on the other ladies reason for a section they may well do yours earlier because as you say your sugars may go over the place. Could you ask your consultant midwife to put your Mind at ease? X

GD should make you a priority but as with everything, there could be someone there who is a higher priority than you.

I was placed first due to GD and because I was very nervous (previous em c section that was horrific).

When I was given my c section in 2009 because of my GD I was put on a sliding scale drip from 6am for my insulin to keep my blood sugar stable.

They will be doing the same this time for me

xx

Thanks for the replies ladies. I don't want to be put at the front if there are other more urgent ladies, but I did just wonder if they would class me as needing to go ahead of someone with no complications at all.

I think I'm just scared that because I was booked in last I'll be waiting all day, and possibly get told they are out of time and to come back another day. It's been hard enough getting used to the idea of not having my natural birth that I don't think I could cope with coming and going!

We won't get to see our consultant again now but I might see if the day assessment unit can put my mind at rest.

I had a section because lo was breech. I was last in the queue and when I asked why was told the other ladies had medical reasons for going first. So defo worth a try I reckon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->