Double figures support thread

Ooo feeble so glad your scan went well! I'm jealous - that's me 13+4 now and still not seen baby! 6 more sleeps!

I have been very emotional this week - my main reminder that I'm pregnant! Feeling a but lost at the moment as so much of my life is about to change and it's all of a sudden dawned on me today. I probably sound a bit bonkers!! Hormones!

This is what makes you a mama x x x

Its scary! I don't know why it's now dawning on me - think it maybe because I don't want to tell everyone yet and after weeks of excuses for avoiding nights out they are all now avoiding me! Lol

This may just be an odd symptom that I'm having but I haven't had this since the beginning of my pregnancy and now it's back at 12 weeks.. Vaginal/Cervix twinges of pain. It's not all of the time it comes and goes but feels weird enough to notice it and worry. I haven't had any other cramping and no bleeding at all the whole pregnancy so I think everything is fine, but I need someone to tell me it's normal! haha.. I do know what round ligament pain feels like and I've had that on and off.

So, I had quite the experience the past two days. I had an awful migraine all day yesterday and terrible nausea. I couldn't eat or even drink water without throwing it up. Dehydrated and still in terrible pain at night, I went to the ER with my boyfriend. There, they gave me an IV drip, morphine, benadryl and zofran ( think that's how you spell it; it's for nausea). Anyway, that spelled relief, but they gave me a prescription for vicodin and zofran because I was still in pain.

They told me migraines are really common in this stage of pregnancy. I took one vicodin pill this afternoon because I was hurting so bad, but I'm scared to take another one. Is it okay to take during pregnancy? I am so worried for the baby, especially of how many drugs I took in the last day.

Anyway, I'm glad the worst is over for now. Did anyone else have this experience? I'm so afraid for the baby.

Hey honey, Vicodin is an opiate, these have been shown to have minimal affect on the babies as they grow. In severe cases (of drug abuse) the babies can be born with an addiction, but just taking a few tablets for a headache your not going to compromise your babies growth or anything like that x

They give out opiates in labour, pethedine and diamorphine are both opiates. So if they don't mess up a baby even at that late stage, you have nothing to worry about at this stage x

Vicodin is a synthesised opiate (this means it is not a natural opiate, it's made in a lab) if you find it makes you shaky or gives you headaches when you stop taking it or makes you throw up, ask your doctor for dyhydracodine instead, that's the natural opioid equivilant.

If you DO get on fine with it, that's brilliant, because it's eversoslightly less psychologically addictive than natural opioids. However, taking them on such a short term level is not going to cause you problems.

If you don't get on with it. You will not be good on pethedine in labour (synthesised), you will need diamorphine (natural) most people get on better with one than the other x

Hope your okay x don't be in pain, what they have given you will not hurt your baby x x

Thank you SO much, Feeble! I really appreciate it. :) I worry too much, I think.

I"m feeling a little better, but at least I do have the vicodin if it gets bad again. Which I would rather not happen.

yes dont be in pain dearest, that wont be good for you or baby xx

I gave in and got some nausea tablets. They're working a treat! Didn't take one straight away today though and felt awful after an hour so took one. Also nearly fainted this afternoon, how embarrassing! xx

I forgot when we are invading 2nd tri, is it this week? I have been sneaking over again...hehe

I've been sneaking over, too. :)

The migraine pain is gone, by the way. I'm glad I still have the pain medicine if I need it, but hopefully it will all be okay.

I REALLY want to see my baby again, too. I don't know if I can wait until 20 weeks for my next ultrasound.

So glad your migraines are gone for now:) On top of all the other pregnancy pains, no one needs to suffer through those!

Moved to the Pregnancy Groups & Discussions forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->