Double figures support thread

So, I'm confused. Can anyone help me? According to the calendar and when I had my last period, I should be 13 weeks, but when my doctor did my ultrasound, it came out to about 11 weeks (this was a month ago, but the weeks are correct). How do people keep track of their weeks here on this thread, then? I also have a book like that too. It goes week by week but factors in the two weeks. So for example I turn to chapter 14 and it's week 14, but it considers the baby's about 12 weeks. I am so confused what chapter to read now.

But basically, anytime you ladies are willing to move on over, I'll come, too. :)

You are 13 weeks by lmp, but baby is 11 weeks gestation. Since pregnancy is calculated from date of lmp, there are 2 weeks included where this no baby before ovulation and conception. Did you doctor say that was the gestational week or overall week of baby?

Track your weeks from lmp, that is the standard to go by:)

Oh noes! Shall we do it a week before then? The 19th?

16 weeks is well too long to be in tri 1 LOL

Nahhhh, s'okay. I'll hang around in my journal and in our threads til then. Will go over and have a nosey in second tri but wait for my gang.:argh:
Then it's less time in second tri til v day too.:thumbup:

Well I'll be.15 weeks so itching to go over lol!

You are 13 weeks by lmp, but baby is 11 weeks gestation. Since pregnancy is calculated from date of lmp, there are 2 weeks included where this no baby before ovulation and conception. Did you doctor say that was the gestational week or overall week of baby?

Track your weeks from lmp, that is the standard to go by:)[/QUOTE]

She was unclear, she just said six weeks. But thank you!

so wait, when they measure the baby are they going by gestation? my measurements follow my lmp pretty closely?

The measurements are based on size baby is expected to be, based on lmp. If baby is measured and said to be 12 weeks, you will have had lmp 12 weeks ago. ( baby will actually be around 10 weeks based on ov but a 10 week baby will be said to be '12 weeks') If you are put a few days forwards or backwards this will be because you ov'd a few days earlier or later than the 14th day that they use as standard. So, if your baby measures as a 10 week 4 day baby, you will then be said to be 12 weeks 4 days pregnant.

Perhaps not the best explanation, sorry!!

I was so very confused! But I heard my baby's heartbeat today. It made my day.

Hey, heres the new thread, I've put it as closed so we just get ladies from this thread over there x

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...figures-tri-invaders-2012-a.html#post15454963

This made me smile ... :happydance: still can't believe we will all be heading over soon ... I was wishing for the 12 week Mark to get here, but now it is I don't want time to go too quick as I want to enjoy it too :baby: xx

I was so very confused! But I heard my baby's heartbeat today. It made my day.

aww, I was able to catch one of our babies HB's yesterday too, best sound in the world!

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/th_VIDEO0034.jpg

Hi everyone

Can i join u all, i sooooo cant wait to be in second tri and will be great to go across together. :flower:

of course! we are moving across together because its quite scary over there ;)

Hi :)

I just wanted to say I went in for my 12th week ultrasound today. The baby is healthy and all is well. He or she was napping and started doing headstands and kicking up a storm once the lady started prodding my belly. I got lots of pictures and am very happy right now.

Oh, and I don't know how to scan the pictures onto my laptop/don't have a scanner. :( I wish I could.

Yay! So pleased for you!

How are the other ladies who are due for a scan this week?

Mines on Thursday am scared!

I am having my NT Scan tomorrow and I'm very excited. I had a scan at 8 weeks (dating scan) and the bubs looked like a turtle! I'm hoping for a more baby like look this time around! I know I should be worried as this is a scan to see if anything is wrong with the baby, but strangly I'm not. I don't have any kind of predisposition factors and I'm just excited about getting to see turtle again! :) I am bumed that hubby can't get off of work to come with but this is his first week at a new job so I guess I understand. :(

Feeble: I hope it goes well for you! :)

Loveandbabies: I hope you enjoy seeing your baby again! I know I did. :)

It was awesome :thumbup: It really looked like a baby this time! I don't have a scanner or I would post pics :( At my first US they moved my dates back 5 days but the baby has caught up and they moved me back up to my original due date based on this one :) And my measurement (whatever it means) was 1.1 and the Tech said anything under 3 is a good number so I'm super pleased with that. It'll take a week for the bloods to come back but I'm not worried especially after seeing the little one jumping and waving on the screen. He looks perfectly healthy :happydance:

Hi ladies, just waiting for my scan now... Not long

Will report back

Loves x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back